Bluebird’s 3 New Changes to Getting Cash

For folks using Bluebird, there are 3 new changes you should know.  Two of the changes are good!

Bluebirds 3 New Changes To Getting Cash
Bluebird Has Changed 3 of Its Rules for Withdrawing Cash at ATMs

Getting Cash Faster for Less From Bluebird

Link:   Bluebird

Link:   How to use Bluebird

Bluebird from American Express is a way to deposit money, pay bills and make purchases without a traditional bank.  But many folks in our hobby also use it to help pay bills which you otherwise can’t pay with a credit card.

You can buy prepaid Visa or MasterCard debit cards from places like Staples or Simon Malls with your credit card.  Then you load those debit cards onto your Bluebird at Walmart.  See this post for details.

Then you can use the money in your Bluebird account to pay your credit card bills, send a check to your landlord, etc.  Or you can withdraw the money from an ATM.

I received an email today from Bluebird with changes to the ATM fees.

First the bad news:

Withdrawing cash from out-of-network ATMs will increase 50 cents to $2.50 beginning October 30, 2014.

Now the good news:

It’s now free to get cash from your Bluebird at in-network MoneyPass ATMs.  You can find your nearest MoneyPass ATM here.  It might even be in the Walmart where you load your Bluebird.

(Previously you had to have direct deposits to your Bluebird to get free withdrawals.)

While you’re still limited to withdrawing $2,000 per month, you can now take out as much as $750 per day.

So for folks who aren’t only using Bluebird to pay credit card bills and sending checks, it’s now easier to get cash.

Bottom Line

Loading Bluebird with prepaid Visa and MasterCard debit cards purchased via credit card is 1 of my 40+ ways to meet minimum spending requirements.  You can use your Bluebird to pay bills (such as your credit cards), send checks, and to withdraw cash at ATMs.

Bluebird now charges $2.50 for withdrawing cash at out-of-network ATMs.  But it has increased the daily withdrawal limit to $750 per day until you reach the $2,000 per month maximum.

And it’s now free to withdraw cash at in-network MoneyPass ATMs.

eldifonzo ramos
2 months ago

WHO IS SUPPOSE TO ANSWER ALL THESE QUESTIONS????

eldifonzo ramos
2 months ago

WHAT IS AN EXTERNAL BANK ACCOUNT?. I WAS TOLD THAT I COULD TRANSFER MONEY FROM THERE TO STASH?

eldifonzo ramos
2 months ago

CAN I GET A REAL CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS?. SINCE I AM A BLUEBIRD CUSTOMER IT SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM.

eldifonzo ramos
2 months ago

i have been trying to sync my debit card with stash but they do not approve of my bank with bluebird. i don’t know how else to join stash but to get a real credit card from american express.

Jeanniejaime'
4 months ago

Have had bluebird for 6 years.never use out of network atms. Free one is close to my home. With oodles of money in there went to take out 680…….did this 5 weeks ago also. Said too much
Had to go with 600. Girl at bluebird sounded like in the filipines and just did not understand my question. Perhaps you could help please. Merci!!

Lashunda Dawson
4 months ago

Can I do any atm withdrawal without money being on my card

Jeanniejaime'
Reply to  Lashunda Dawson
4 months ago

No. Will not allow an overdraft type situation. You only get what is loaded on it or already in it. Increments of 20.

Arthur Moore
6 months ago

Let me know that is any other transaction is going on with bluebird I need to get to $2,900 limit

Sheila Meadows
9 months ago

How can you get money from ATM? It does not have good square to insert? Does the card charge a fee for oversees purchases?

Jeanniejaime'
Reply to  Sheila Meadows
4 months ago

There will only be a tiny card slot and a picture of a car to show you where to put it in.

the squares are no longer available through the Federal ATM system

Collins
10 months ago

Can they use blue bird card to buy bitcoin

Carol
10 months ago

I tried using the atm and it didn’t give me my money.but the 80 dollars was taken from my card

craig
Reply to  Carol
4 months ago

call bluebird. the atm machines keep records of errors

Shawnte skinner

I am having connection problem with bluebird camera. Can’t take picture on app. Can I take pictures and do another way

Susan

I liked it, I found it to be very informative.
Thank you.

Miguel

Can I just load money on my bluebirds card to save money with out any fees

Javier sanchez

Can I get cash back

David Frick

My wallmart in Crescent City, California told me i wasn’t allowed to withdrawal money. Your policy is 750$ a day till 2k monthly limit?

David Frick

Crescent City, California wallmart wouldn’t allow me to withdrawal cash from my account. Your policy online is 750$, 2k limit?

Dillondevonhill

$200

Lele

Can you overdraft

charlespennington

i tried to use my new card at walmart itdidnt work

Vicky

If you lose your bluebird card you CANNOT get to your funds. Even the Money Center at Walmart will require your 3 digit code on your card, (that is missing and likely suspended while you are waiting on your new card). Bluebird support is quick to tell you they can not recommend an alternative to getting your funds until you activate your new card.

Suzanne C

When will Bluebird Amx allow EFT or electronic check transactions ?

Henry Weems

Where in Walmart I can withdraw or add money to Bluebird?

Brandy

Be careful when paying bills through Bluebird. I have a loan from my dad that he did a cash advance off of his Bank of America Credit Card. They do not typically accept a credit card payment, so I called Bluebird to verify that I could use the routing number and account number linked to the account to call them and pay BOA. The person I spoke to on the phone assured me that it would go through with no issues, so I took her word for it, and guess what? It was declined. Turns out, this account will only pay bills if you use THEIR bill pay. I would have, but it takes a little too long for them to process payments which is a minimum of 6 days, and I didn’t want to take any chances on a late payment. Well, my dad got a letter in the mail that the payment had been declined and a fee was added. I called back and was informed by another representative that this account is for direct deposits, SSI, and tax refunds and that it does not do Electronic Transfers at all. So anything that comes through the card that is not a deposit, a purchase, or their own bill pay, then it will get declined. Ended up owing the payment, and now a fee because I was told incorrectly and Bluebird only said “sorry”. My cell phone payment went through because it was an in store purchase even though it was paid online, but the credit card payment was declined and I was informed that my auto draft car insurance will also be declined. Will be closing this account effective today as will several others that were under the same impressions as I was. Guess I should have done a little more research before using this card and not taking a paid representative who is “very highly trained” word.

Angelique

Way easy to transfer or receive money and u can put the least amount. Also has set aside account

Angelique

Great card.I would recommend this card to others

Jeff
2 years ago

That’s major bullshit!!! $2.50 just to pull money out !!! Screw American Express !!! I have a credit card with them and I’m closing it!!! I got this for my daughter ,I’ll do business somewhere else