Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via The Points Guy, you can earn 50,000 American Airlines miles with after meeting minimum spending requirements on the Citi American Airlines Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard.
I’ll explain the details of this offer. And what you can do with 50,000 American Airlines miles!
Earn More American Airlines Miles
For a limited time, the Citi American Airlines Platinum Select card has an increased sign-up bonus of 50,000 American Airlines miles when you spend $3,000 within the first 3 months of account opening.
The normal sign-up bonus for the Citi American Airlines Platinum Select card is 30,000 American Airlines miles. So you can earn an additional 20,000 American Airlines miles with this offer. That’s a good deal!
The card also comes with perks like:
- 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on American Airlines flights
- 1X American Airlines mile per $1 spent on other purchases
- First bag checked free for you and up to 4 traveling companions on domestic itineraries
- Group 1 Boarding (gives you extra time to board and prepare for your flight)
- Earn back 10% of miles used for award travel, up to 10,000 miles each calendar year
And the $95 annual fee is waived the first year.
You can also earn 50,000 American Airlines miles with the CitiBusiness AAdvantage card after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months.
And get even more perks like 2X American Airlines miles per $1 spent on telecommunications, rental car companies, and gas stations. And a $99 Companion Ticket good for a coach domestic flight after spending $30,000 on purchases per cardmember year.
Just remember, Citi will NOT let you to earn the sign-up bonus from more than one card of the same “brand” within 24 months. So if you’ve had the Citi American Airlines Platinum personal card in the last 24 months, you can’t earn the bonus on another personal American Airlines card.
And if you’ve had the CitiBusiness AAdvantage card in the past 24 months, you can’t earn the sign-up bonus again on that card.
What Can You Do With 50,000 American Airlines Miles?
With 50,000 American Airlines miles, you can get:
- 2 round-trip coach flights within the mainland US
- 2 round-trip coach flights to the Caribbean during the off-peak season
- 1 round-trip coach ticket to Europe during the off-peak season
- 1 round-trip coach ticket to Hawaii during the off-peak season
Don’t forget to check out my post about all the ways to earn American Airlines miles if you need more. And here are the top 6 big travel trips with the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select 50,000 miles bonus!
Usually, the sign-up bonus for this card is 30,000 miles. So this is a great deal!
Because 50,000 American Airlines miles is enough for 2 round-trip coach tickets within the continental US. Or a round-trip coach award seat to Europe during the off-peak season.