Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
American Airlines is now flying to more destinations in the Bahamas!
I’ve never been myself, but I’ve heard plenty of mixed reviews about the Bahamas (from tropical wonderland to dispiriting 3rd-world country). Either way, it’s an area you’ll not forget! American Airlines has added new flights to:
- Marsh Harbour, Abaco, where you can swim with pigs in crystal clear lagoons
- North Eleuthera, which is the gateway to Harbour Island, which is famous for its stunning pink sand
- Grand Bahama Island, for exploring reefs, interacting with dolphins, and relaxing under waterfalls
- Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas and the most active area with loads of touristy pleasures
And you can easily earn 2 round-trip flights (and more!) from anywhere in the US to the Bahamas with sign-up bonuses from cards like:
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® – 50,000 American Airlines miles after meeting minimum spending requirements
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® – Up to 60,000 American Airlines miles after meeting minimum spending requirements
American Airlines Is Serving More Areas in the Bahamas
One of the hugest award flight sweet spots (in my opinion) is American Airlines off-peak flights to the Caribbean.
What does that mean? You can fly from anywhere in the Continental US to the Caribbean for just 12,500 American Airlines miles each way, as long as your travel occurs between either:
- September 7 and November 14
- April 27 and May 20
I and my friends used these off-peak prices to fly to Barbados for 25,000 miles round-trip. An insane deal.
Here are the new American Airlines flights to the Bahamas:
- Charlotte to North Eleuthera and Marsh Harbor, Abaco
- Chicago to Nassau
- 2 new flights from Miami to Freeport, Grand Bahama (seasonal)
These additions should mean more award seats to the Bahamas. And you can instantly earn enough American Airlines miles for 2 round-trip flights to these destinations by opening one of the following:
- Citi American Airlines Platinum Select – I have this card, it’s how I flew to the Caribbean for free the first time
- CitiBusiness American Airlines Platinum Select – This is a small business card with a higher welcome offer than the personal version
So if you and a travel buddy are anxious for a Caribbean vacation, you’ll have 2 free round-trips after opening one of these cards (or 4 free round-trips if you open both)
Let me know your plans!