Tomorrow Only! Get Amazon Prime for $79 ($20 Off!)
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
I’ll remind you what you get with Amazon Prime so you can decide if this deal is worth it to you!
Purchase Amazon Prime at a 20% Discount
Link: Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime usually costs $99 per year. But on November 18, 2016 between 12:00 am and 11:59 pm Eastern Time, you can get it for $79!
Many of the Million Mile Secrets team subscribe to Amazon Prime, because it comes with:
- Free 2-day shipping on items sold by Amazon
- Unlimited movies and TV shows from their collection
- Unlimited music streaming
- Unlimited storage space for your photos
- Early access to sales and deals
- 1 free Kindle e-book a month
I like that Amazon Prime allows you to download movies and TV shows to your devices. This is useful when you don’t have access to Wi-Fi (like on a plane)!
Note: If you’re only interested in 2-day shipping, you can also check out ShopRunner. They offer free 2-day shipping at over 85 stores.
And you can get a complimentary ShopRunner membership if you have an eligible American Express card, like the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express or the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express.
Use the Right Cards
- Discover it® Cash Back – You will earn 5% cash back at Amazon, department stores, and Sam’s Club, on up to $1,500 in spending this quarter. And if you’ve had your card for less than a year, the cash back you earn will be matched after your 12th billing cycle, for a total of 10% cash back
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express and Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – If you’ve recently signed up for AMEX Blue Cash cards, you can earn 10% back on Amazon purchases for the first 6 months of opening your account, up to $200. Terms apply.
- US Bank Cash+ – This card gives you bonuses on Amazon Kindle books, but some folks say they’ve received 5% back on many Amazon purchases besides books
Amazon Prime is having a sale tomorrow! On November 18, 2016 between 12:00 am and 11:59 pm Eastern Time, you can buy a year’s membership for $79 instead of the usual $99.
And if you take advantage of this sale, use a credit card that will get you a bonus on your purchase, like the Discover it Cash Back!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)