Amazon Prime Day Approaching! Daily Deals, and JetBlue Bonus for New Members
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Nearly all of us here at Million Mile Secrets have a subscription to Amazon Prime. And one benefit that comes with it access to private deals on Amazon Prime Day. This year, Prime Day is on July 11, 2017
And if you don’t have Amazon Prime, you can earn 3,000 JetBlue points for signing-up, which is worth ~$42 in JetBlue flights! JetBlue points are useful because there are NO blackout dates. So as long as JetBlue is selling flights, you can redeem JetBlue points for them!
I’ll remind you about what to expect with Prime Day. And help you decide if it’s worth signing-up!
Have Amazon Prime? Prime Day Is for You!
Link: Prime Day
Link: Amazon Prime
I’m a big fan of Amazon Prime. It’s is a subscription service from Amazon that gets you things like:
- Free 2-day shipping on items sold by Amazon (which are a LOT of things!)
- Unlimited movies and TV shows from their collection
- Unlimited music streaming
- Unlimited storage space for your photos
- Early access to sales and deals
- 1 free Kindle e-book a month
Million Mile Secrets team member Scott has had a good experience with Amazon Prime 2-day delivery. And he enjoys Prime music streaming while at home and abroad.
One of the best parts is the ability to download movies and TV shows, so you can watch them on the plane!
Another benefit of being an Amazon Prime member is that you’ll have access to exclusive deals each year on Prime Day. This year, Prime Day is on July 11, 2017. But deals will start on July 10, 2017, at 9:00 pm Eastern Time!
With Prime Day, you’ll get things like:
- Up to 40% off Kindle books
- Save up to $80 on smartphones
- Up to 15% off everyday essentials like household cleaners, office supplies, etc.
New to Amazon Prime?
Folks who are NOT Amazon Prime members will get 3,000 JetBlue points for purchasing 1 year of Amazon prime ($99 plus tax) through July 6, 2017!
Here are the details:
- You must already be a JetBlue member (joining is free!)
- You will only receive the bonus points if you use the promotional link and sign into your JetBlue account
- You are NOT eligible if you already have an Amazon Prime account
- You will NOT receive the bonus if you gift Amazon Prime to someone else
- Each member can only receive 1 bonus
- You must pay for an annual Amazon Prime membership ($99 before taxes) through this link
JetBlue points are worth ~1.4 cents each towards JetBlue flights, so 3,000 JetBlue points are worth ~$42 in JetBlue airfare (3,000 JetBlue points X 1.4 cents per point). So this is like getting a $42 rebate on your $99 Amazon Prime membership!Note: You can also collect JetBlue points with the Barclaycard JetBlue credit cards, or by transferring Citi ThankYou points.
Bottom LineAmazon Prime Day is on July 11, 2017! But the exclusive deals begin on July 10, 2017, at 9:00 pm Eastern Time.
If you aren’t already an Amazon Prime member, you can sign-up through this link and earn 3,000 JetBlue points, worth ~$42 in JetBlue flights. That helps offset the $99 Amazon Prime fee!
Let me know if you spot any good deals for Amazon Prime Day!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)