Alaska Airlines Adds a New Airline Partner!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
You’ll soon have more options for earning and redeeming Alaska Airlines miles!
I’ll tell you why this is good news for folks who collect Alaska Airlines miles!
Condor Joins the List of Alaska Airlines Partners
More options for redeeming airline miles is always a good thing! That’s why I’m glad to see Alaska Airlines adding Condor to its list of airline partners.
Condor is a low-cost German airline that flies to lots of destinations around the world, like the Caribbean, South Africa, Maldives, and Greece.
Who Will Benefit From This New Partnership?
Condor flies to lots of US cities, including:
- Fort Lauderdale
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles (starting May 2, 2017)
- New Orleans (starting May 3, 2017)
- Pittsburgh (starting June 23, 2017)
- San Diego (starting May 1, 2017)
So if you live near any of these cities, you’ll have the option to purchase international flights at a low price instead of booking an award flight.
When you purchase a ticket instead of booking an award flight, you’ll earn miles based on the distance you fly with Condor. And depending on the class you book, you can credit the miles you earn to Alaska Airlines and earn lots of redeemable miles!
Here’s what you’ll earn in Alaska Airlines miles when you fly Condor:
- Business Class – 300% redeemable miles
- Premium Economy – 125% redeemable miles
- Coach Flex – 100% redeemable miles
- Base Coach – 75% redeemable miles
- Promotional Coach Fare – 50% redeemable miles
If you fly from Baltimore to Berlin on Condor, you’ll travel ~4,300 miles. So if you buy a ticket from Berlin to Baltimore, you’ll earn:
- Business Class – ~12,900 redeemable miles (enough for a free one-way award flight in the US!)
- Premium Economy – ~5,300 redeemable miles (enough for a free short-haul flight in the US!)
- Coach Flex – ~4,300 redeemable miles
- Base Coach – 3,225 redeemable miles
- Promotional Coach Fare – 2,150 redeemable miles
And even more if you have elite status! And as One Mile at a Time points out, you can find Business Class tickets for less than $900 one-way!
Want More Alaska Airlines Miles?
There are plenty of ways to earn Alaska Airlines miles. A quick way is to sign up for:
- Bank of America Alaska Airlines cards (personal and small business) – Earn 30,000 Alaska Airlines miles after making $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account
And because of the Alaska Airlines Virgin America merger, you can transfer Virgin America points to Alaska Airlines at a ratio of 1:1.3. So you can sign-up for these Virgin America credit cards:
- Comenity Bank Virgin America Signature – Earn 10,000 Virgin America points (converts into 13,000 Alaska Airlines miles) after spending $1,000 within 3 months
- Comenity Bank Virgin America Premium Signature – Earn 15,000 Virgin America points (converts into 19,500 Alaska Airlines miles) after spending $1,000 within 3 months
Bottom LineAlaska Airlines and Condor are partners! You can earn Alaska Airlines miles when you fly with Condor. And soon you’ll be able to redeem your Alaska Airlines miles for Condor flights!
When you buy a Condor flight, you can earn between 75% and 300% redeemable miles, depending on the class you purchase. And you can credit those miles to Alaska Airlines for free flights later!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)