Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
This page includes information about the Discover it® Cash Back that is not currently available on Million Mile Secrets and may be out of date.
There’s now an increased offer for 20,000 Bank of America points (worth $200 in statement credits toward travel purchases) with the BankAmericard Travel Rewards card.
I tweeted about the improved offer earlier this month.
The normal sign-up bonus is 10,000 Bank of America points ($100). So this is double the usual offer!.
If you like flexibility, or already have lots of other cards, this could be a good card for you!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Bank Americard Travel Rewards Card
Soon, you’ll earn 20,000 Bank of America points (worth $200) after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the 1st 90 days of opening your account.
- 3 points per $1 you spend on airfare through the Bank of America Travel Center (up to $6,000 per calendar year) – worth 3% back toward travel
- 1.5 points per $1 you spend on all other purchases (worth 1.5% back toward travel)
- Redeem points for travel with no blackout dates
- 10% bonus points if you have an active Bank of America savings or checking account
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
Bank of America defines travel as:
- Hotels, motels, resorts
- Car rental agencies
- Cruise lines
- Travel agencies and tour operators
- Taxicabs and limousines
- Suburban and local commuter transportation (including ferries)
- Bus lines
- Transportation services (not otherwise classified)
- Real estate agents and rental managers
- Timeshares, campgrounds, and trailer parks
- Motorhome and RV rental
- Art dealers and galleries
- Amusement parks, carnivals, circuses, and fortune tellers
- Aquariums, dolphinariums, zoos, and seaquariums
- Boat leases and rentals
- Recreation services (not otherwise classified)
That’s a big list!
The information for the Citi Double Cash card has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
But the increased sign-up bonus and low minimum spending requirement might be interesting to some folks!
I like that it’s fairly easy to redeem the statement credit. Because you only need 2,500 points (worth a $25 statement credit towards travel purchases).
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard for example, requires you to have at least 10,000 points ($100 redemption) before you can actually use your points for a statement credit to offset a travel purchase.
Here’s my full list of minimum redemption levels for getting your cash back.
That’s worth $200 in statement credits toward travel purchases, like airfare, hotels, cruises, and more!
Normally, the sign-up bonus on this card is 10,000 points (worth $100 in travel).
I wouldn’t use this card for everyday spending, because there are other cards which earn more points or cash back. But this could be a good choice for folks who like flexibility.
And you could earn bonus points if you’re already a Bank of America customer with a checking, savings, or investment account.