10 Best Rooftop Bars in the World
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Who doesn’t LOVE a good rooftop bar? City lights, picturesque skylines, sunsets, fancy cocktails, delicious food, good friends, and a sky full of stars. Sign me up!
There are plenty of different styles of rooftop bars. But they all have one thing in common – you feel like you’re on top of the world.
We put together our dream list of the top 10 best rooftop bars across the globe that you absolutely must visit.
1. SkyPark at Marina Bay Sands, SingaporeYou have probably seen pictures of this rooftop bar. And if you haven’t you have probably daydreamed about it. The SkyPark at the Marina Bay Sands has the largest rooftop infinity pool in the world, which spans the length of the bar. The pool has a 470-foot vanishing edge and is 626 feet above the ground. At the SkyPark you can enjoy bar service while lounging poolside or drinking in the magnificent view of Singapore’s magical city. You feel like you are living the life of luxury with your friends while sipping on 5-star cocktails, eating decadent food, and being treated like royalty.
2. The Press Lounge, New YorkWant to drink in the best skyline in New York City? You must check out the Press Lounge on the top floor of the Ink48 Hotel. Enjoy the city life while gazing 360-degrees at Manhattan’s most beautiful and dramatic panoramic views. Whether you’re going to have a fancy cocktail or pregaming before a night of partying, the Press Lounge is trendy and hip and offers nothing less than the top-notch service you deserve. The extensive wine list, seasonally inspired small plates, and classic cocktails will melt in your mouth as you’re staring at the Hudson River and wondering how this place actually exists.
3. Charmaine’s, San Francisco, CaliforniaDrink 120 feet above San Fransisco at this gorgeous rooftop bar that offers views of the Bay Area you can’t get anywhere else. At Charmaine’s, you can sit by the fire pits and sip in the view. Or lounge in a comfortable chair while chatting with friends. If the picturesque scenery isn’t enough, the specialty cocktails are sure to get you going. Charmaine’s is known for their exotic flavors, unique ingredients, and robust mixes that you can’t get anywhere else in the city. Charmaine’s also offers an extensive wine list, tons of spirit options and of course, champagne.
4. Sky Bar, Lisbon, PortugalIf you want the BEST BAR in Portugal, look no farther than the Sky Bar in downtown Lisbon on top of the Tivoli Avenida Liberdade Hotel. This bar features multiple terraces with views of the whole city and has live music, DJs, and an atmosphere unlike any other. You can drink mojitos, cosmopolitans, and mixed drinks with decadent, exotic flavors while simultaneously eating delicious food – anything from chips and tacos to sushi!
The Sky Bar is a personal favorite of mine because I love that you can gaze out to the river and see the castle in downtown Lisbon. The cocktail list is extensive and there’s a great choice of snacks.
Also, this bar used to only be open in the summer, but now it’s open year-round. So you don’t have to worry about rushing to Portugal in the summertime… although that is a great time to go.
5. Terrat, Barcelona, SpainIf you’re looking for a 360-degree view of Barcelona, comfortable couches, signature cocktails, and world-renowned cuisine by Peruvian chef, Gaston Acurio then Terrat in Barcelona is the place for you. Terrat sits on the rooftop of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Barcelona and is a small, romantic bar with splendid views of the boulevard. The bar has lounge chairs by the pool, umbrellas for shade, and delicious light snack options available to nibble. I would get the Pisco Sour if you’re looking for something sweet and different, but all their signature cocktails are worth trying. Also, it’s worth going up to Terrat for sunset. You will not be disappointed.
6. Sugar, Miami, FloridaGet your groove on at Miami’s urban oasis, Sugar, on the top floor of the EAST Miami hotel. This rooftop bar has a tropical vibe, 360-degree wooden bar with seats around it and music curated by international DJ’s day and night. Inspired by Chinese and Hong Kong roots, this rooftop bar and restaurant is Asian-influenced and combines a mix of culinary heritages, signature cocktails, and family style service. The atmosphere is chill and laid back, but no sandals or tank tops are allowed.
When drinking at Sugar you feel like you’re in a secret garden. The whole place is impressive with beautiful views of the city, delicious food, and a unique and chic atmosphere. I would say it is definitely worth taking a ride up to the 40th floor for tapas or a beverage.
7. The Rooftop, Sydney, AustraliaThe name says it all, but The Rooftop in Sydney is worth a visit. It’s located atop the Glenmore Hotel and has views of the Sydney Harbour AND the Sydney Opera House. If that’s not enough, this bar is open rain or shine with a retractable roof for any type of weather. Bar hoppers can drink or dine here and choose from simple items like marinated olives or spice it up a bit with slow cooked Pork Ragu or the Teriyaki Katsu Burger.
The bar has an upscale pub vibe with great service, a laid-back atmosphere, and unforgettable views. If you have the time, grab your mates and head to The Rooftop for sunset and indulge yourself with an espresso martini.
8. Bell Tower Bar, Santa Fe, New MexicoGo back in time to the Bell Tower Bar in Santa Fe, New Mexico on the fifth floor of the historic La Fonda on the Plaza Hotel. This Southwestern-inspired bar has famous margaritas and creative cocktails as well as food perfect for a light lunch or dinner. The view from the roof is spectacular and the mountain scenery, skyline, and laid back atmosphere make the trip worth it. The Bell Tower is the best place in Santa Fe to enjoy the sunset and get a taste of the wild wild west. This bar is only open May through October so make sure you get there before the long winter starts.
I would highly recommend going simple and getting chips, salsa, and homemade guacamole. Enjoy a margarita on the terrace and kick back because if you made it this far, there is no need to be in a rush. You might as well cancel all plans and stay at the Bell Tower for the rest of the night because once you have sat down there’s no getting up.
9. Sky Bar, Bangkok, ThailandThe Sky Bar, located in downtown Bangkok, sits 820 feet above sea level and is on the 63rd floor of the Lebua at State Tower Hotel, making it one of the world’s highest rooftop bars. The Sky Bar is Bangkok’s most famous rooftop bar and it’s worth taking the long elevator ride up just for the view. You might recognize this bar from the movie, The Hangover. The panorama from the 63rd floor leaves no doubt in your mind why it was picked for the Hollywood movie. The drinks are spectacular and I wouldn’t leave without trying one of their famous mojitos. Even if you don’t drink, the skyline alone is worth visiting this bar.
10. The Rooftop at the Cape, Cabo San Lucas, MexicoIf you find yourself in Cabo, look no further than the Rooftop at the Cape with stunning views of the turquoise Sea of Cortez and drinks that make you never want to leave. The bar sits on top of the Thompson hotel and serves food and beverages that satisfy your hunger and quench your soul. Known for their mezcal, top-notch margaritas, and world-class appetizers, this bars is a must-go if you’re in the area. The most popular time to go is at sunset and there’s a good chance if you go once you will find yourself back there again. What did I miss? Let me know your favorite rooftop bar in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)