Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Fly&Dine reports about a trick for getting free Wi-Fi at the airport!
The Sneaky Way to Get Free Wi-Fi at the Airport
You can access the signal of the Wi-Fi network to many airline lounges from the terminal. But the problem is, most of them are locked and you need a passcode to sign-in. This passcode is usually posted around the club lounge so members can easily sign-on.
The trick is to go to the front desk of the airline lounge and mention you are thinking about purchasing a pass and ask to take a quick look around.
But you don’t have to sneak in the back door if the front door is open! There are so many easy ways to get free internet access at the airport!
The Easy Ways to Get Free Wi-Fi at the Airport
1. Many Airports Have Free Wi-Fi Anyway
You can access free Wi-Fi throughout many airports including:
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- Denver International Airport
- Jacksonville International Airport
- Reagan National Airport (Washington, DC)
- San Francisco International Airport
- Seattle -Tacoma International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
Even if free Wi-Fi isn’t available in the entire airport, it may be in specific terminals like the JetBlue T5 Terminal in New York’s JFK Airport.
2. Cards That Give You Free Wi-Fi at Airports
If free Wi-Fi isn’t available in the airport, there may still be Boingo Wi-Fi hotspots. While Boingo usually charges a fee, you can access their networks for FREE with these cards:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz
- Platinum Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
Authorized users get this perk too!
3. Mobile Hotspots
Check with your cell phone provider to see if your plan allows you to use your phone as a mobile hotspot.
4. Cards That Give You Lounge Access
There are several credit cards that come with lounge access. And not only will you get free Wi-Fi, you’ll also get a comfy place to sit with drinks and snacks! For example, with the AMEX Platinum card, you get access to:
- Centurion lounges
- Delta lounges (with a valid Delta boarding pass for same-day travel)
- Priority Pass lounges
You can get free Wi-Fi access in many airports. Others offer Boingo internet, which costs a fee to access, but with AMEX Platinum cards you can use it for free! You can also check with your cell phone company to see if you can use your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
By signing-up for a credit card card that includes lounge access, you can get free Wi-Fi, snacks, and drinks.
Or you could do it the sneaky way and request to take a quick look around an airline’s lounge because you’re considering purchasing a membership. Once inside, take note of the Wi-Fi password so you can access it from the terminal.
How do you feel about folks using this trick to get free Wi-Fi at the airport?