Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
If you’re a JetBlue flyer, a little research could save you money!
That’s because JetBlue will give a $100 credit (good for travel on JetBlue) when you book through JetBlue then find a lower fare for their flight on another website. So if you double-check your fares, you could be $100 closer to your next vacation!
I’ll show you how the JetBlue Lowest Fare Guarantee works.
JetBlue Lowest Fare Guarantee
JetBlue is confident you won’t find a lower fare for their flights on another website. And they’ll give you a $100 credit (good for travel on JetBlue) if you prove them wrong. Here’s the process for claiming your $100 credit if you do find a cheaper fare!
Step 1. Purchase Airfare on JetBlue.com
You must first buy a ticket through the JetBlue website. Note the flight details (flight number, dates, times, etc.) And write down the confirmation code. You’ll need this!
Step 2. Find a Lower Fare
Find the exact same ticket on a different website for a cheaper price (including taxes & fees). It must be for the same flight on the same day, at the same time, between the same airports, in the same class of service.
Step 3. Copy the URL Where You Found the Cheaper Ticket
You will need to give this web address to JetBlue customer service as proof that you found a lower price.
Because the URL will probably be very long, I suggest shortening it with a website like TinyURL.com. It will be much easier to repeat to the customer service agent!
Step 4. Call JetBlue Customer Service
Call 800-538-2583 to talk to a JetBlue customer service agent. You’ll need to give them your JetBlue confirmation number and web address of the cheaper fare.
Note: JetBlue customer service must be able to locate the lower fare during your call. So you should call JetBlue IMMEDIATELY when you find the lower fare. Or it might disappear!
Here’s the fine print of this deal:
- You must contact JetBlue by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the same day you purchased your JetBlue ticket
- When JetBlue verifies the lower fare, they will issue a $100 credit within 24 hours
- Credits are non-transferable, and valid for 1 year
- Credits can NOT be applied toward the current flight purchase
- Applies to new, air-only JetBlue flight purchases
- Applies only to one-way and round-trip flights originating in the US
- Does NOT apply to refundable fares, code-share flights, or interline travel
- Applies only to online fares available to the public, with NO special discounts
- Does NOT apply for corporate bookings, group bookings, vacation packages, or cruises
- JetBlue reserves the right to deny any claims that cannot be reasonably verified, or for which you have provided incomplete information
Book Directly to Earn the Most Points
Plus, when you book directly with JetBlue, you have full access to your itinerary. When you book through other websites, JetBlue will give you limited access to your details. You can’t even choose your own seat!
Don’t forget, you’ll earn more JetBlue points for your flights with one of the Barclaycard JetBlue cards, like the JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business card. And you’ll get a free checked bag for yourself and up to 3 companions on the same reservation when you use your JetBlue card to pay for the tickets.
JetBlue will give you a $100 credit towards future JetBlue flights if you can find a lower fare for their flights on a 3rd-party website.
You have to:
- Purchase a ticket at JetBlue.com
- Find a lower JetBlue fare (including taxes and fees) on another website for the exact same flight, (dates, times, seat type, etc.)
- Call customer support at 800-538-2583 by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the same day of purchase
- Give the confirmation number of your JetBlue ticket, as well as the web address where you found the lower fare
Have you ever taken advantage of the JetBlue Lowest Fare Guarantee?