Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
HikerT (thanks!) commented on last week’s Reader Tips on a great way to earn 25,000 US Air Dividend miles for $114 (enough for a trip within the US or from the US to Canada) through the US Air Grand Slam promotion.
Be sure to register for the Grand Slam before completing the activities below.
25,000 US Air Dividend miles can be redeemed for a ticket costing ~$250 so that’s quite a good return on your time. Not to mention the other assorted stuff such as cuddly bears and Biscoff Spread that you get!
HikerT points out that earning 25,000 US Air miles for $114 may be be best way to leverage the Grand Slam promotion, especially since you can do it for others in your family.
Here are his suggestions (I’ve added in links to the offer or other blog posts as well as a bit of commentary).
1. US Airways Credit Card or Debit Card Use. It may be too close to apply for and get the US Air Credit or Debit cards and have the miles post to your account in time, but is a great option if you already have the card.
2. 3 Toolbar Searches (free). Complete 3 searches using the US Air toolbar. You have to download the toolbar and log in to get credit to your US Air account.
Update from HikerT: Be sure to disable or uninstall the US Airways toolbar after you do your 3 searches (if you hide the toolbar instead of disabling or uninstalling it, the toolbar will prevent you from earning miles or cash back at other shopping portal sites).
3. Points.com Swap. Swap 4 American Airlines miles to US Air or 3 Best Buy points to 1 US Air mile.
4. Magazines for Miles. Subscribe for a cheap magazine.
5. ShareBuilder. Sign-up for a ShareBuilder account and you may get 2,500 miles in your account. You may need to fund your account and keep it open for 6 months.
6. Audience Rewards. Complete Audience Rewards Trivia for an easy hit. You can find the answers InACents and Free Frequent Flyer Miles. Update: Reader Kashyap says that Audience Rewards trivia may no longer be available so you would have to buy a cheap ticket to get a hit.
7. Shopping Mall – $1. Buy a $1 itunes song or a regular Amazon.com purchase or anything else from the US Air Shopping Mall.
8. Thanks Again -$3. Buy a Restaurant.com gift certificate from Thanks Again using code “SAVE” at checkout for 70% off. Update: Or you could like Thanks Again on Facebook and send them an email. Thanks to worldtraveller2 and Promo Jake for this tip.
9. Dividend Miles Dining – $2 – Enroll for Dividend mile dining and buy a soda at a participating restaurant.
10. SuperShuttle – $10. Book a trip on SuperShuttle from the DFW Airport to the Hyatt Grand DFW. I used this last year and it worked. You could also try from Phoenix Airport to the Aloft, but I don’t have any personal experience with this. Update: Reader Kashyap says that this works.
11. OfficeMax – $10. Buy something cheap at OfficeMax.
12. SkyMall -$12. Search for “Janie Spot Cleaner” at the US Air Sky Mall
13. 1800Flowers -$14. Buy the “I Love You Bear” from 1-800 Flowers with free shipping! Update from HikerT: 1-800-flowers no longer seems to be giving miles for sale items. I’m pretty sure this includes the “I Love You Bear”.
14. Vinesse $18. Buy a cheap accessory from Vinesse. Click on “Vinesse Home” (at the bottom) and select the “Wine Accessories” tab. I chose the Label Saver Wine Label Removers for $17.90 including shipping.
15. Biscoff – $19. Order “Biscoff Spread” from Biscoff. Update: Reader Kashyap says that you could order the sample pack of 3 Biscoffs for $13.
16. TrackItBack.com -$25. Buy stickers and get a Grand Slam Hit
17. e-Miles. Just in case you can’t complete any of the above.
25,000 US Air Miles, a cuddly bear, and some stickers may be the best way to play the US Air Grand slam for those folks who won’t be able to rent cars or transfer hotel points to earn hits.