1. Buy a Free Night at Any Wyndham Hotel for $175
Tomorrow, April 17, 2018, you can buy 15,000 Wyndham points for $175.
All Wyndham hotels cost 15,000 points, from the cheapest to the most luxurious. So for $175, you can reserve a night at a 5-star hotel or all-inclusive Wyndham resort!
You can get this deal through the Daily Getaways website. The sale starts at 1 pm Eastern Time. There are 1,143 available points packages, and they’ll sell out quickly! So if you’re interested, be ready to click “buy” a couple minutes before that!
2. Allegiant Taking Heat for Sub-Par Safety Practices
Last night, 60 Minutes aired a story of Allegiant Airlines’ seeming lack of concern for the safety of their passengers and crew. They appear much more concerned about profit margins than anything else.
I have friends who fly Allegiant, and after seeing this they’re having second thoughts. Is it worth saving $50 to gamble with a reckless airline? What do y’all think of this report?
3. United Airlines Shopping Portal Bonus
Through April 29, 2018, you can earn up to 1,400 bonus United Airlines miles for shopping you plan on doing anyway!
This latest shopping portal promotion is a tiered bonus. You’ll earn:
- 300 United Airlines miles when you spend $150+
- 1,000 United Airlines miles when you spend $350+
- 100 bonus United Airlines miles for each participating merchant you spend $50+ with: Macy’s, Groupon, Nike, or Magazines.com
4. New AMEX Centurion Lounge Scheduled to Open in Los Angeles
American Express is working overtime to expand their Centurion Lounge portfolio. They’re opening a lounge in Dallas, and adding lounges in New York and Denver. And now, via One Mile at a Time, their next location may be Los Angeles!
The Los Angeles Airport is looking to rent a ~13,500 square foot lounge. And based on the report to the board of airport commissioners, they’re looking at AMEX:
LAWA has unsuccessfully attempted to lease this lounge space to airlines for many years. American Express wanted a Centurion lounge at LAX and were offered this space. Not approving the Consent to Sponsorship will leave LAWA with vacant lounge space.
AMEX Centurion Lounges already have 8 existing US lounges, and 2 in the works:
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)
- Denver (DEN)
- Houston Intercontinental (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- New York-La Guardia (LGA)
- New York (JFK)
- Miami (MIA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle-Tacoma (SEA)