We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Starting today, September 1, 2017, you can book discounted award flights for travel between November 1, 2017, and December 31, 2017, depending on your departure city. There are lots of Canadian cities on this list. So for folks near the Canadian border, it could be worth a longer drive to the airport to save miles!
Flying Blue Promo Awards for September 2017
Link: Flying Blue Promo Awards
From September 1 to September 30, 2017, you can save 25% on award flights to Europe for travel between November 1 and November 30, 2017, to:
- Calgary – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines)
- Edmonton – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines)
- Montreal – 18,750 miles in coach (11,250 miles less than United Airlines)
- New York City (to Paris Orly only) – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines) or 18,750 miles one-way in coach (11,250 miles less than United Airlines and Delta)
- Vancouver – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines), 18,750 miles in coach (11,250 miles less than United Airlines)
Note: This promotion is valid for travel between Europe and Vancouver until December 31, 2017.
Flying Blue considers countries like Algeria, Israel, and Morocco to be part of Europe. So you can save even MORE miles compared to other airlines if you’re headed to those areas.
Keep in mind, there’s NO discount on the taxes & fees, which may be very high depending on the route. Surcharges can be ~$200 at most for a one-way Business Class flight ~($400 round-trip). So decide if the high fees are worth the miles you’ll save.
Click through the Flying Blue Promo Awards site to get the discount. You can only book flights on Air France or KLM to get the discount (not their SkyTeam partners, like Delta). And you must use Flying Blue miles to book your ticket!
To get this deal, you’ll have to book your flights by September 30, 2017.
Want More Flying Blue Miles?
There are LOTS of ways to earn Flying Blue miles! The 4 major flexible points programs transfer to Flying Blue at a ratio of 1:1. You can transfer:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards points – You’ll need either the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Business Preferred, Chase Ink Plus (no longer available), or Chase Ink Bold (no longer available)
- Citi ThankYou Points – You’ll need the Citi Prestige or Citi ThankYou Premier Card
- AMEX Membership Rewards points – You’ll need cards like the The Platinum Card® from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, etc.
- Starwood points – If you transfer 20,000 Starwood points at a time, you’ll get a 5,000 mile bonus.
Starting today, September 1, 2017, you can book Flying Blue Promo Awards to Europe from 5 North American cities – Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, New York City, and Vancouver.
These awards cost fewer points than you’d pay for similar flights on Delta or United Airlines. But taxes & fees can also be higher. So do the math to decide if the award discount is worth the extra cash.
Let me know if you book a Promo Award!