We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Now WOW Air is having a sale to Iceland and Europe for flights departing from Baltimore and Boston.
You’ll pay just $99 1-way to Reykjavik. And $159 1-way to Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, Paris, and more.
Return flights to the US cost more, but they’re still very reasonable.
I’ll share the details!
Pack Light, Pay Less!
Link: WOW Air
Link: My Review of WOW Air
Link: My Iceland Trip Report
The key to keeping your costs low on WOW Air is to keep it as simple as possible. Avoid their fees by skipping seat selection, only bring a carry-on that fits under your seat, and don’t check a bag.
That’s not possible for all folks, but if you can forgo some of these things, you’ll save big.
Departing From Baltimore
I found $99 1-way flights on WOW Air to Iceland on May 7 and May 14, 2016. Flights back home cost $199 and higher in May.
There are also very cheap $159 1-way fares to Amsterdam, Bristol, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, London, and Paris.
Departing From Boston
Fly out of Boston on April 4 or April 11, 2016, for $99. Fly back for $149 or more depending on the dates. Boston also has the same $159 1-way fares to popular European cities.
For example, I’m seeing Boston to Paris 1-way for $159 with a 90-minute stop in Reykjavik on April 5 and April 12, 2016. Return home on WOW Air. Or use miles to book your 1-way flight on another airline instead!
Tips for Folks Visiting Iceland
Best Credit Cards to Buy Flights
Book flights with a credit card that earns bonus miles & points for airline purchases, like:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 you spend on travel and terrific trip delay insurance
- Premier Rewards Gold Card From American Express – 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 you spend on airfare purchased directly from airlines, although I’ve found you almost always get the points even if you book through a 3rd party site like Orbitz!
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard – get 2% back when you redeem miles for $100+ travel purchases, including airfare
- Citi Prestige – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on airfare
- Citi ThankYou Premier Card – 3X Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on travel
Where to Stay?
Note: If you’re booking a paid stay, it’s worth checking discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. Keep in mind, you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
If you prefer a more local experience, Airbnb is a great way to save money, especially for longer stays. Here are my tips for getting a better Airbnb price and how to choose a safe and comfortable Airbnb.
Flights to Iceland and Europe are on sale with WOW Air, departing from Baltimore and Boston.
Pay $99 1-way to Reykjavik, Iceland. And $159 1-way to Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, London, Paris, and more.