Update: The card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
There’s now an increased offer for 20,000 Bank of America points (worth $200 in statement credits toward travel purchases) with the BankAmericard Travel Rewards card.
I tweeted about the improved offer earlier this month.
The normal sign-up bonus is 10,000 Bank of America points ($100). So this is double the usual offer!.
If you like flexibility, or already have lots of other cards, this could be a good card for you!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Bank Americard Travel Rewards Card
Soon, you’ll earn 20,000 Bank of America points (worth $200) after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the 1st 90 days of opening your account.
- 3 points per $1 you spend on airfare through the Bank of America Travel Center (up to $6,000 per calendar year) – worth 3% back toward travel
- 1.5 points per $1 you spend on all other purchases (worth 1.5% back toward travel)
- Redeem points for travel with no blackout dates
- 10% bonus points if you have an active Bank of America savings or checking account
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
Bank of America defines travel as:
- Hotels, motels, resorts
- Car rental agencies
- Cruise lines
- Travel agencies and tour operators
- Taxicabs and limousines
- Suburban and local commuter transportation (including ferries)
- Bus lines
- Transportation services (not otherwise classified)
- Real estate agents and rental managers
- Timeshares, campgrounds, and trailer parks
- Motorhome and RV rental
- Art dealers and galleries
- Amusement parks, carnivals, circuses, and fortune tellers
- Aquariums, dolphinariums, zoos, and seaquariums
- Boat leases and rentals
- Recreation services (not otherwise classified)
That’s a big list!
But the increased sign-up bonus and low minimum spending requirement might be interesting to some folks!
I like that it’s fairly easy to redeem the statement credit. Because you only need 2,500 points (worth a $25 statement credit towards travel purchases).
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard for example, requires you to have at least 10,000 points ($100 redemption) before you can actually use your points for a statement credit to offset a travel purchase.
Here’s my full list of minimum redemption levels for getting your cash back.
That’s worth $200 in statement credits toward travel purchases, like airfare, hotels, cruises, and more!
Normally, the sign-up bonus on this card is 10,000 points (worth $100 in travel).
I wouldn’t use this card for everyday spending, because there are other cards which earn more points or cash back. But this could be a good choice for folks who like flexibility.
And you could earn bonus points if you’re already a Bank of America customer with a checking, savings, or investment account.