Emily’s Birthday Trip to the Dominican Republic: Part 10 – Return Flight from Punta Cana
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
I thought it would be super fun to celebrate my 30th birthday with her in the Dominican Republic. So we planned a trip to 3 locations, including Santo Domingo, Bayahibe, and Bavaro (near Punta Cana) over the course of one week.Emily’s Birthday Trip to the Dominican Republic Index:
- Trip to the Dominican Republic – Introduction and Planning
- Santo Domingo Hotel – Sofitel Nicolas de Ovando
- Activities in Santo Domingo – Zona Colonial and Latin Dancing
- Activities in Santo Domingo – Casa de Orientacion y Desarrollo Real (CODR)
- Eating in Santo Domingo
- Bayahibe – Isla Saona and Hotel Bayahibe
- Bavaro Hotel – Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
- Activities in and Around Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
- Eating in and Around Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
- Return Delta Flight from Punta Cana
- Conclusion and Blog Giveaway
Punta Cana International Airport
We flew back to the US from the Punta Cana International Airport in the Dominican Republic.
We waited in a short Sky Priority line, but actually waited longer than the regular line because only one employee was staffed for our line.
We bought a few more souvenirs for our family and friends…
There was a small lounge which only had big couches and a bar. We skipped it!
We walked to our flight, and were serenaded by some musicians!Kristen: The first class on the way home had a little less wow factor. More significantly we had to wait for them to open a gate for us and then proceeded to stand outside on a concrete slab for about 30 minutes. Emily: On the return flight, Kristen had pasta salad… …and I had a wrap.
We flew over some islands, and tried to guess which ones they were.
We had a three hour layover in Atlanta that went by very fast. Customs and immigration took 2 hours. We said our goodbyes and boarded our individual flights home. But we’ll be back to the wonderful Dominican Republic someday!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)