Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
With the launch of the new Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program comes a slew of new or refreshed credit cards. The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card is Chase’s personal Marriott Bonvoy card, and has a welcome offer of 75,000 Marriott points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
It replaces the old Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card, which is no longer available to new applicants. But it’s keeping the same great perks!
Depending on how you use your points, you could get $100s worth of free hotel stays in the US, Europe, or many other popular destinations, including luxury resorts or family-friendly hotels.
You’ll also earn a free night award valid at select Marriott hotels each account anniversary. This perk alone makes the card worth keeping, and can more than cover the annual fee!
If you like staying at Marriott hotels, this is an excellent card to consider.
Here’s our full review of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card!
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card Sign-Up Bonus Is Worth $100s in Hotel Stays
Apply Here: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card comes with 75,000 Marriott points after spending $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. There’s a $95 annual fee, not waived for the first year.
You’ll also get:
- Free night award (at participating hotels costing 35,000 Marriott points or less) every year after your account anniversary
- Automatic Silver Elite Status (10% bonus points on paid stays, late checkout when available)
- Gold Elite Status (25% bonus points on paid stays, lounge access / free breakfast, guaranteed late check-out, room upgrades when available) when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year
- 15 elite night credits each calendar year
- Points in your loyalty account never expire as long as you make a purchase with the card every 24 months
75,000 Marriott points is more than enough for a night at a fancy category 7 resort, like the iconic Royal Hawaiian Resort, Waikiki, where rates often exceed $500 per night. If you prefer to stretch your points, you could redeem the bonus for 3 nights at a mid-level category 4 hotel, like the Aloft London Excel.
Or you can squeeze up to 10 nights from the bonus at category 1 locations. Everyone has a different travel style, so how you redeem your points is up to you.
The great thing about Marriott points is that you don’t have to redeem them for Marriott hotel stays. You can also transfer them to 40+ airlines for award flights!
How to Earn Points With the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card
With the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card, you’ll earn:
- 6 Marriott points per $1 spent at participating Marriott hotels
- 2 Marriott points per $1 spent on all other purchases
Plus, you’ll earn a free night award at participating Marriott hotels (worth up to 35,000 points) each account anniversary, which can more than make up for the $95 annual fee. So this is a good card to keep year after year if you can make the most of the anniversary night.
How to Use Points From the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card
The most straightforward way to use Marriott points is for award nights at Marriott Bonvoy hotels, which include:
- AC Hotels by Marriott
- Autograph Collection Hotels
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
- Gaylord Hotels
- JW Marriott
- Le Meridien
- Marriott Executive Apartments
- Marriott Hotels
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Moxy Hotels
- Protea Hotels
- Renaissance Hotels
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- Springhill Suites by Marriott
- St. Regis
- The Luxury Collection
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott
It’s easy to search for award nights online by entering your destination, travel dates, and number of guests. Be sure to click “Use Points” to see available award nights and points rates for your stay.
Some folks, like team member Jason, prefer transferring Marriott points to airline partners for award flights. You can transfer Marriott points to most of the ~40 airline partners at a 3:1 ratio, and when you transfer 60,000 Marriott points, you’ll get a bonus 15,000 Marriott points added to your transfer. So you’ll get 20,000 miles for airlines with a 3:1 transfer ratio, plus an additional 5,000 bonus miles (from the 15,000 Marriott point bonus).
Other Benefits of the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card comes with ongoing protections for travelers and shoppers that make the annual fee worth paying, including:
- Lost baggage coverage – Up to $3,000 per person each trip
- Purchase protection – Covers new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account
- Trip delay reimbursement – If your trip is delayed for more than 12 hours or requires an overnight stay, you could be reimbursed for up to $500 per ticket for reasonable expenses (meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items)
You’ll also get access to the Visa Signature Concierge Service for help with things like getting tickets to concerts or sporting events or restaurant reservations.
Is the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card Worth the Annual Fee?
Absolutely! On top of the substantial welcome bonus, you can get much more value from the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card by making the most of the free night award at participating Marriott hotels (up to 35,000 points per night), which can more than offset the $95 annual fee expense. For example, if you redeem the award at a hotel that would otherwise cost ~$200+, you’re coming out way ahead!
Consider using your free night during peak season or popular events to get even more value.
Does the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card Have a Foreign Transaction Fee?
Who Is Eligible for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card?
The Chase 5/24 rule applies to the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card, so if you’ve opened 5+ cards from any bank (except certain business cards) in the past 24 months, you won’t be approved for the card.
In addition, you’re not eligible for the card if you’re:
- A current cardmember of the Marriott BonvoyTM Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier) or Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), or
- A previous cardmember of the Marriott BonvoyTM Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier) or Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months
And you’re not eligible for the bonus if you:
- Are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott BonvoyTM American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
- Are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy BrilliantTM American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
- Applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy BrilliantTM American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days
Customer Support for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card is issued by Chase. Lots of us love Chase because they’re one of the better banks to deal with when it comes to sending a secure message. And when you call, it’s easy to get a real person on the line.
Chase’s customer satisfaction ratings are consistently high.
Credit Cards Similar to the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card
If you’re looking to earn more Marriott points, remember Marriott is a Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer partner. So you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Marriott at a 1:1 ratio. This is a useful option if you need to top off your account to book another award night.
Pairing the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card with a Chase Ultimate Rewards points earning card can be a fantastic card strategy!
One strategy is to earn lots of flexible Chase Ultimate Rewards points with cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card. Then, transfer points to Marriott and other travel partners when you’re ready to book an award.
Here are the Chase Ultimate Rewards points credit cards that allow you to transfer to travel partners:
|Card||Sign-Up Bonus & Minimum Spending Requirements||Our Review|
|Ink Business Preferred Credit Card||80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account||Read why this is the top card pick for small business owners|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred||50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account||This is the #1 card for beginners|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve||50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account||Lots of folks love this premium credit card because of the ongoing perks!|
With the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card you’ll earn 75,000 Marriott points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. There’s a $95 annual fee, not waived for the first year.
You can easily use the welcome bonus to get $100s worth of free travel at terrific hotels – even pricey resorts. Or stretch your points for more nights at lower-category brands – it’s up to you!
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card has a valuable ongoing perk, which can save you money every year. You’ll get a free night certificate after each account anniversary to use at participating Marriott hotels costing 35,000 Marriott points or less, that can easily cover the card’s annual fee.
Plus, the card comes with excellent travel and shopping benefits, like lost luggage, trip delay, and purchase protection.