We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Video of Emily in the old British Airways First Class cabin
Our $32,000+ Honeymoon in Paris for only $2,000!
- British Airways First Class Lounge – Boston
- British Airways First Class – Boston to London
- British Airways Concorde Room – London
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris – Park Suite
- Around the Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris
- Day 1 in Paris – George V, The Champs-Elysées, and the Arc de Triomphe
- Day 2 in Paris – Notre Dame & the Paris Opera
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris – Park Deluxe Room
- Day 3 in Paris – A Lazy Day & Dinner in the Eiffel Tower
- Day 4 in Paris – Versailles and Rue Cler
- Day 5 in Paris – Sainte-Chapelle, the Louvre, & Emily’s Favorite Evening
- Day 6 in Paris – Park Hyatt Paris Buffet & a Day of Shopping
- Day 7 in Paris – Emily’s Allergic Reaction and our Last Day in Paris
- American Airlines Admirals Club – Paris
- Hilton Heathrow London, Terminal 4
- British Airways Concorde Room
- British Airway First Class – London to Boston
- Air France Graf Lounge – Boston
- Conclusion & Blog Giveaway
Daraius: We left the lounge after they announced that our flight was boarding and made our way to the gate. When we reached the entrance to the plane, the flight attendant escorted us to our seats.
The First Class cabin was full as was the entire plane.
Emily Jablon: Our plane didn’t have the new British Airways seats, so we got to experience the old seats!
Daraius: I was busy and I didn’t check to see if our flight had the old British Airways or the new British Airways cabin. I just assumed that it would, but I was wrong. For more details on how to see if your flight has the new First Class, see Chris M’s very helpful comment.
Emily Jablon : We got pajamas, a blanket, slippers, and a pair of headphones.
I love the stylish British Airways amenity kit, so I was very happy when the flight attendant gave me one.
The seat looked very old, but we just wanted to go to sleep!
The seat and furnishing were clearly old and needed refurbishing.
Daraius: The TV was extremely small, but I almost never watch TV on flights, so it didn’t really matter. I try to get as much sleep as I can, and when I’m not sleeping I’m usually reading, working, or eating.
Emily Jablon: Yes, he eats a lot!
We were exhausted from being up all day, so we skipped dinner because we already ate in the lounge and went to sleep. However, the flight was only 5 hours and 40 minutes, so we could not sleep for too long. The staff was very friendly and made sure that we had everything we needed before we went to bed.
The flight attendants set up our beds for us, which included a quilt “bedcover.”
Daraius: We asked not to be woken for breakfast, but I got up as breakfast was being served. I wasn’t in the mood for a real breakfast, so I had a strawberry fruit tart which was on the dinner menu and a pear smoothie from the breakfast menu. They were both tasty.
We landed at Heathrow and made our way to the Concorde Room because we had a 4 hour layover for our flight from London to Paris.