Our $32,000+ Honeymoon in Paris for only $2,000! – British Airways First Class Lounge – Boston
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
- British Airways First Class Lounge – Boston
- British Airways First Class – Boston to London
- British Airways Concorde Room – London
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris – Park Suite
- Around the Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris
- Day 1 in Paris – George V, The Champs-Elysées, and the Arc de Triomphe
- Day 2 in Paris – Notre Dame & the Paris Opera
- Park Hyatt Vendôme Paris – Park Deluxe Room
- Day 3 in Paris – A Lazy Day & Dinner in the Eiffel Tower
- Day 4 in Paris – Versailles and Rue Cler
- Day 5 in Paris – Sainte-Chapelle, the Louvre, & Emily’s Favorite Evening
- Day 6 in Paris – Park Hyatt Paris Buffet & a Day of Shopping
- Day 7 in Paris – Emily’s Allergic Reaction and our Last Day in Paris
- American Airlines Admirals Club – Paris
- Hilton Heathrow London, Terminal 4
- British Airways Concorde Room
- British Airway First Class – London to Boston
- Air France Graf Lounge – Boston
- Conclusion & Blog Giveaway
The snack offerings didn’t look very fresh.
There were few sandwiches……but lots of chips (crisps) & biscuits.
There was hummus and pita bread, but the pita was very hard. And carrots, celery, and tomatoes with ranch dressing.
There was a fair amount of self-service alcohol.There was also tea and coffee available. Emily Jablon: The lounge was quiet and nicely decorated, and had a large section dedicated as a restaurant.
There was a self service bar area with the drinks and snacks.
And there was a sit down dining area with a waiter to take your order and serve the food.Daraius: Since our flight was at 10:20 at night and only 6 hours long, we decided to have the pre-flight dining in the lounge and to then get as much sleep on the plane.
There was a separate dining area for business class and first class. The First Class section had sit down dining, though the section was closed when we initially arrived in the lounge.
There was a buffet in the business class section. I was curious if the food was the same for business class and first class, so I went over to check out the business class buffet. The food selection was indeed different and so was the seating arrangement.
The First Class dining room had leather seating with pillows and tables with white tablecloths and fresh flowers.
Business class had aluminum chairs and bare tables, save the salt and pepper shakers.
Here’s the menu for our First Class pre-flight dining menu.Daraius: We had a very friendly and competent waiter serve us as well as all of the other tables in the lounge. I had the sausage, described on the menu as “Forest Mushroom Ragout. Lamb Merguez Sausage, Pimento Oil, Micro Salad.” Emily had the salad, described as “Mesclun Greens. Organic Balsamic Dressing.” I didn’t care for either of the starters.
Emily ordered the corn chowder, described as “Corn Chowder. Chive Creme Fraiche” but I skipped it since I don’t usually care for soups. But her soup was very tasty!Emily Jablon: I ordered the Filet Mignon described as “Petit Filet Mignon. Smoked Gouda Polenta, Spinach, Cipollini Onion Sauce, Gruyere Cheese.”
Daraius ordered the tart, described as “Provencal Tart, Tomatoes, Olives, Caramelized Onions.” I really liked his tart, but the portion was very small.
For dessert we had the blueberry clafouti.
And the selection of cheeses.
I made sure to leave our server a good tip because he was very eager to help. After dinner, we did more work on the laptop and soon enough, it was time to board our flight to London’s Heathrow airport.
But would it be the new British Airways First Class or the old seats?
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)