Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
American Airlines Business Class Review
This is a continuation of our First Class trip to India, a journey where we had Big Travel with Small Money!
Trip Report Index:
- American Airlines Admirals Club Lounge and Flagship Lounge – Kansas City & Chicago
- American Airlines Flagship/First Class – Chicago to London
- British Airways Concorde Room – London Heathrow
- British Airways – (New) First Class – London to Mumbai, India
- An Indian Wedding Extravaganza
- Lalit InterContinental – Mumbai, India
- Park Hyatt – Goa, India
- Jet Airways, First Class – Mumbai, India to London
- Jet Airways, Business Class – Mumbai, India to London
- American Airlines, First Class – London to Chicago
- American Airlines, Business Class – London to Chicago
After getting off my Jet Airways flight, I walked to the American Airlines lounge at London’s Heathrow airport, but I really wasn’t feeling well. I was feeling very weak and was sweating a lot.
I took a cold shower in the lounge, and then stumbled over to Boots (a pharmacy) to buy some medicine. I can’t remember what I did in the lounge, but I likely checked my email and nibbled on some food.
After a while, I made my way to the gate and boarded the plane. I immediately reclined the seat and laid down as the flight was boarding. Soon we were in the air and I reclined my seat again and wrapped my seatbelt around the blanket (so that I wouldn’t be woken up) and went to sleep.
I got up about 1 hour away from Chicago, and the flight attendant came over to my seat and asked me if I wanted to eat anything. I was surprised that she asked since the meal service has ended and we were going to land soon. She then added that she had noticed me sleeping and wanted to make sure that I was okay.
In that moment, I forgot about the scruffy looking seats and the unappealing snack offerings in the lounge. All that mattered was that the flight attendant was warm and genuinely concerned. And, to me, that made up for all the other shortcomings of American Airlines business class.