We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Check your email!
Via Loyalty Traveler, there’s a targeted Wyndham promotion to earn 3X Wyndham points on paid stays when you register, book, and stay through May 25, 2017. Your check-in date can be as late as May 25, 2017, and check-out by June 2, 2017.
With this deal, you’ll earn a minimum of 3,000 Wyndham points per stay. That’s a nice bonus if you like Wyndham hotels and have paid stays coming up anyway.
I’ll explain how the bonus works and remind you of what you can do with Wyndham points.
Targeted Wyndham 3X Points Promotion
Folks who’ve received an email are targeted to earn 3X Wyndham points on Wyndham hotel stays when they register, book, and travel by May 25, 2017. Check-out date can be as late as June 2, 2017, so long as you check-in by May 25, 2017.
Even if you don’t have the email, you can check if you’re eligible by entering your Wyndham Rewards number, password, and phone number on the promotion website.
Wyndham hotels include:
- Baymont Inn and Suites
- Days Inn
- Hawthorn Suites
- Howard Johnson
- Knights Inn
- Super 8
- Wyndham Garden
- Wyndham Grand
Normally, you’d earn 10 Wyndham points per $1 on the room rate at most Wyndham hotels (except Dolce, Wyndham, Wyndham Garden, and Wyndham Grand locations, where you’ll earn 10 points per $1 on your entire hotel bill). And even on cheap rates, you’ll earn a minimum of 1,000 Wyndham points per stay.
So with this deal, you’ll earn 30 Wyndham points per $1 (10 Wyndham points per $1 X 3). And a minimum of 3,000 Wyndham points per stay (1,000 Wyndham points minimum X 3).
Other important terms:
- You won’t earn the bonus points on 3rd-party bookings, like through Orbitz or Hotwire
- Bonus points should post to your Wyndham account 2 to 4 weeks after your stay
- You can earn the bonus points on up to 3 rooms per stay
If you collect Wyndham points, this promotion is a good way to boost your account balance. But I wouldn’t switch paid stays to Wyndham just to participate in the deal, unless you have a definite use for the points.
Make the Most of Your Wyndham Points
Or consider paying a combination of Points + Cash with Wyndhams’ Go Fast award nights. You’ll pay 3,000 Wyndham points plus a cash co-pay (depending on the location) for a free night.
Sometimes Wyndham Go Fast awards don’t make sense, because at inexpensive hotels the paid rate can be almost the same as the cash co-pay. So be sure to compare pricing to get the best deal.
Want More Wyndham Points?
Wyndham points aren’t easy to earn, because they’re not a transfer partner of any of the main transferable points programs.
But if you like Wyndham hotels, you could consider signing-up for one of the Barclaycards Wyndham Rewards cards. I don’t recommend this for folks new to miles and points, because there are far better credit card sign-up bonuses for beginners!
1. Barclaycard Wyndham Rewards With Annual Fee
You’ll earn 30,000 Wyndham points after your first purchase. And another 15,000 Wyndham points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
You’ll also get:
- 6,000 Wyndham points on your account anniversary each year
- 5X Wyndham points per $1 you spend at Wyndham hotels (including timeshare and rental locations)
- 2X Wyndham points points per $1 you spend on gas, utility, any grocery store purchases
- Automatic Platinum status (early check-in, late check-out, room upgrades when available, 3,000 Wyndham points bonus annually)
- No foreign transaction fees
2. Barclaycard Wyndham Rewards With NO Annual Fee
With the no-annual-fee version of the Barclaycard Wyndham Rewards card, you can earn 18,000 Wyndham points (more than enough for a night at any Wyndham hotel) after meeting minimum spending requirements.
But there’s NO anniversary bonus.
With this card, you’ll get:
- 15,000 Wyndham points after your first purchase, plus 3,000 Wyndham points after you spend $1,000 on purchases the first 90 days of opening your account (18,000 points total)
- 3X Wyndham points per $1 you spend at Wyndham hotels (including timeshare and rental locations)
- 2X Wyndham points points per $1 you spend on everything else
- Automatic Gold status (late check-out and room upgrades if available)
- No foreign transaction fees
- NO annual fee
And there’s another offer for the no-annual-fee version of the card. If you make a test booking on the Wyndham website, you’ll see an offer for 15,000 Wyndham points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of opening your account. Plus a $50 statement credit when you spend a total of $2,000 on purchases in the same timeframe.
The offer with the $50 statement credit comes with 3,000 fewer Wyndham points than the regular offer. But depending on how you use your Wyndham points, the $50 credit could be a much better deal.
Note: Emily and I don’t earn a commission for any of these Barclaycard Wyndham Rewards offers, but we’ll always share the best public offers we find!
Not everyone is eligible, so check the promotion website to see if you’ve been targeted.
You’ll earn a minimum of 3,000 Wyndham points per stay. That’s a good bonus, especially if you’re staying at inexpensive hotels. Wyndham award nights cost 15,000 Wyndham points at any Wyndham hotel, including fancy resorts!
I wouldn’t move paid stays to Wyndham just to participate in this deal, but if you like Wyndham hotels, this is a nice promotion!