Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
There’s an updated offer for the United℠ Explorer Card to earn 40,000 United Airlines miles after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. But unless you have a need for United Airlines miles, or want to make the most of the card’s perks, you’re better off waiting until a better offer rolls around.
The card also comes with more open award seats, a free checked bag on domestic United Airlines flights, and 2 United Club passes upon approval and per cardmember year – which can save you $100s when you travel!
Plus, the United Airlines miles you’ll earn are enough for 2 short round-trip domestic award flights, or a one-way award seat to Europe or Southern South America, in coach.
If you plan to wait this one out, browse our top credit card picks for the best deals available now.
I’ll share more details!
40,000 United Airlines Miles With the Chase United Explorer Card
Apply Here: United℠ Explorer Card
When you open the Chase United Explorer card, you’ll earn 40,000 United Airlines miles after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account.
You’ll also get:
- 2 United Airlines miles per $1 you spend on purchases from United Airlines
- 2 United Airlines miles per $1 spent at restaurants and hotels when you book directly
- 1 United Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
There’s a $95 annual fee with this card, but it’s waived the first year.
Other benefits include:
- Free first checked bag – but you MUST use your card to pay for your ticket
- Priority boarding
- More available award seats
- 2 United Club lounge passes per card membership year
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit
- 25% back on United Airlines inflight purchases
- NO foreign transaction fees
Your United Airlines miles also won’t expire as long as you keep the card open.
I’ve personally had this card for several years and have always gotten more value than the cost of the annual fee. I like priority boarding, extra award seats, and being able to grab a snack and drinks twice per year in the United Club lounge.
However, we’ve seen higher sign-up offers for this card. So unless you want to use the card’s benefits in the next couple of months, you’re betting off waiting until a better deal appears.
Some folks report getting better offers in their United Airlines online accounts. You can check all your targeted United Airlines card offers through this link.
You can also see our top credit card picks this month, including:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card – 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – 50,000 Venture miles (worth $500 in travel) after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months
- Citi Premier℠ Card – 50,000 Citi ThankYou Points (worth $625 in travel) after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
Will you apply to get the perks, or go for a better deal?