Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
With the updated offer for the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card, you’ll now earn 75,000 Marriott points after meeting minimum spending requirements. That could easily be worth $1,000+ worth of free hotel stays in the US, Europe, or many other popular destinations!
This is a wonderful hotel card to consider, especially if you like staying at Marriott hotels.
Here are the details of the offer.
Earn 75,000 Marriott Points With the Chase Marriott Credit Card
Most recently, the card offered 2 free nights (up to a value of 35,000 points each) after meeting minimum spending requirements. But in my opinion, this updated offer is a better deal because it allows you more flexibility.
When you sign-up for the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card, you’ll earn 75,000 Marriott points after spending $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
You’ll also get:
- Free night award (at hotels costing up to 35,000 Marriott points) every year after your account anniversary
- 6 Marriott points per $1 spent at participating Marriott hotels
- 2 Marriott points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Automatic Silver Elite Status (10% bonus points on paid stays, late checkout when available)
- Gold Elite Status (25% bonus points on paid stays, guaranteed late check-out, room upgrades when available) when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year
- 15 elite night credits each calendar year
- Points in your loyalty account never expire as long as you make a purchase with the card every 24 months
- NO foreign transaction fees
The card has a $95 annual fee.
Note: If you’ve opened 5 or more credit cards from ANY bank in the past 24 months (excluding certain small business cards and Chase business cards), Chase will NOT approve you for their best travel rewards credit cards. And the Chase Marriott Premier Plus card WILL count toward your 5 card limit.
Is It Worth It?
Standard award nights at Marriott hotels cost 7,500 to 60,000 Marriott points. And later this year, there will be a new top-tier category added with award nights for 85,000 points (up to 100,000 points during peak season). Peak and off-peak award nights will also be in effect in 2019.
As an example, this means the sign-up bonus alone from the Chase Marriott Premier Plus card would be enough for 2 free nights at any Category 5 Marriott hotel (during Standard or Off-Peak seasons). Which could easily be worth $1,000+!
Plus, the free night certificate you’ll get every card anniversary to use at hotels costing 35,000 Marriott points or less is a valuable ongoing perk, that could easily offset the cost of the card’s annual fee. And you always have the option to transfer your Marriott points to eligible airline partners.
Be sure not to miss out on important miles & points news like this by enrolling in our daily newsletter!