Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
See how the Airbus A350 (competitor to Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner) is constructed, get an insider’s look at Star Alliance operations, and meet fellow aviation
geeks enthusiasts at Star Alliance MegaDO 6. This year’s event is in Europe from May 9 to 13, 2015.
Registration opens on February 16, 2015 at 12:00 pm Central Time. Folks will visit Stockholm, Toulouse, and London for exclusive tours and receptions with SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Airbus, Club Carlson, and Star Alliance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the inner-workings of airlines, hotels, and aircraft manufacturers (and attend some fun social events!). Keep in mind tickets normally sell out very quickly.
…the highlight of the year for many road warriors, frequent flyers, leisure travelers, infrequent flyers, travel hackers, mileage junkies, and sky pilots.
Past events have included visits to United Airlines’ maintenance operations in San Francisco, behind-the-scenes tours of Air Canada and Marriott in Toronto, and a trip to “The Boneyard” in Tucson (where military and civilian airplanes go when taken out of service).
Star Alliance MegaDO 6 will run from May 9 to 13, 2015, and you’ll get to:
- Spend a day at SAS Scandinavian Airlines headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden
- Take an SAS charter flight to Toulouse, France for a visit to the Airbus A350 assembly line
- Fly to London, UK, for a reception at Club Carlson’s flagship hotel, The May Fair
- Visit the new London Heathrow Terminal 2 – The Queen’s Terminal for an exclusive look at Star Alliance operations
There are also dinners, receptions, and plenty of opportunities to socialize with other attendees and airline executives.
The price of a ticket includes most events (except optional receptions), the charter flights between Stockholm, Toulouse, and London, and bus transportation to the different tour venues.
- Coach (free meals, drinks, and what they describe as “a comfy coach seat on the geekiest charter flight in the world”) 🙂 – $999
- Exit Row Coach (more legroom, a blocked middle seat, free meals, and drinks) – $1,499
- Business Class (larger seat, blocked middle seat, priority boarding, upgraded service, and premium drinks) – $1,799
You’ll have to book an award ticket or pay for your own transatlantic flight from the US. And hotel accommodations are NOT included, but there will be discounted group rates available.
Although winning a $400 Hyatt gift card from One Mile at a Time’s contest would certainly help!
This sounds like a really fun event! Remember, tickets usually sell fast!
Star Alliance MegaDO 6 will be in Stockholm, Toulouse, and London from May 9 to 13, 2015. Registration opens on February 16, 2015, at 12:00 pm Central Time. And they usually sell out quickly.
This is a great chance for aviation enthusiasts to take an exclusive peek at airlines, hotels, and aircraft manufacturing. Visits to SAS Scandinavian Airlines and the Airbus assembly line are included. But you’ll have to find your own way to Europe and pay for your own hotel.
Have you attended a MegaDO? Please share your memories in the comments!