Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
This is a great deal, because the current public offer on the AMEX Platinum card is 60,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after meeting minimum spending requirements. So it’s worth checking to see if you qualify!
What’s the Deal?
Link: CardMatch Tool
If you’re targeted, you can earn 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months of opening an AMEX Platinum card.
In addition to the great sign-up bonus, you’ll also get:
- 5X points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airlines or with American Express Travel and on hotels booked on amextravel.com
- $200 in Uber credits annually
- $200 airline fee credit
- $100 Global Entry credit
- Global Lounge Collection access
- Terms apply
The $550 annual fee is NOT waived the first year. But you can easily offset that with the card’s generous perks!
Is It a Good Deal?
This is an amazing deal if you can get it! Just remember, you can only get the sign-up bonus on AMEX cards only once per lifetime.
AMEX Membership Rewards points transfer to lots of great hotel & airline partners, like Delta, British Airways, and more!
Check out these posts for more ideas about using 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points:
- What to Do With 75,000 to 100,000 American Express Membership Rewards Points?
- The Best Ways to Use AMEX Membership Rewards Points to Fly to the UK
- How to Use AMEX Membership Rewards Points to Fly to India
- How to Use AMEX Membership Rewards Points for United Airlines Award Flights
Note: You’ll pay an excise fee of 0.06 cents per point, to a maximum of $99, when you transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to US airlines, like Delta or JetBlue.
There is a targeted 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards point sign-up bonus for the AMEX Platinum card. After spending $5,000 within the first 3 months of account opening.
To see if you qualify, check the CardMatch tool. You won’t get an inquiry on your credit report unless you apply for the card. 😉
100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points is a great deal! Let me know if you were targeted!