Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
INSIDER SECRET: Southwest doesn’t charge any change or cancellation fees, so when there is a sale it’s a great time to check to see if the price has dropped on Southwest flights you’ve already booked.
Through July 25, 2019, there is an international Southwest sale with one-way flights starting at $69 or 3,120 points + $5.60 in taxes. Keep in mind that the taxes and fees on round-trip flights from the Caribbean & Mexico are higher than domestic flights, but not outrageous (usually $35-$100).
End date: July 25, 2019, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time
Travel dates: International travel is valid September 3 to December 11, 2019
Interesting one-way routes include:
- Atlanta to Bahamas for $139
- Baltimore to Belize for $153
- Fort Lauderdale to Grand Cayman for $69
- Fort Lauderdale to Bahamas for $69
- Fort Lauderdale to Cancun for $98
- Los Angeles to Cabo San Lucas for $130
- Oakland to Puerto Vallarta for $153
- Orlando to Turks & Caicos for $113
- San Diego to Cabo San Lucas for $113
- and more!
It’s a good idea to book your Southwest tickets as far in advance as possible. If your plans change (or the price of your ticket drops), you can change or cancel your flight without paying extra fees.
You can find the details of the sale here. When you’re searching for round-trip travel the return flight from the Caribbean or Mexico will be more expensive than the flight departing from the US. This is mostly because of the increased taxes and fees on flights departing these countries, so unfortunately you’ll still be on the hook for these extra costs even if you book with points.
If you’re short on Southwest points you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest at a 1:1 ratio. Or you could open any of these Southwest cards and once you earn the sign-up bonus you’ll be ready for the next sale:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card – Biggest sign-up bonus
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
The best part about earning a Southwest Airlines credit card bonus is that it counts toward earning a Southwest Companion Pass.
To learn more about Southwest and how to use Southwest points, check out these guides:
- Everything you need to know about Southwest status
- Southwest points value
- How to earn Southwest points
- How to setup a Southwest account
- Do Southwest points expire?
For the latest tips and tricks on traveling big without spending a fortune, please subscribe to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.