Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
The government shutdown delayed Southwest from starting their flights to Hawaii, but as long as we avoid another shutdown (that’s a BIG but!) Southwest has said they hope to begin selling tickets to Hawaii by the end of February and “potentially fly in March.” And they are checking off the boxes needed to get there – just today they flew their first test flight from Oakland to Honolulu, which was needed to secure a specific FAA certification.
I can’t wait to see the fare wars on flights to Hawaii once that happens, but until then we’ll have to settle for regular Southwest sales. This sale runs until February 7th and is valid for flights through May 2019.
Southwest Sale Ends February 7, 2019
End date: February 7, 2019, at 11:59 pm local time in originating city
Travel dates: Domestic travel from February 26 to May 22, 2019. International travel and flights to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid from April 23 to May 16, 2019
Terms & restrictions: Blackout dates apply. Tickets are nonrefundable. 21-day advance purchase required.
Sample one-way routes include:
- Long Beach to Las Vegas for $39
- Atlanta to Nashville for $67
- Chicago to Cancun for $118
- New York (LGA) to Chicago for $56
- San Diego to San Jose for $39
- Washington, DC to Orlando for $48
- Washington, DC to Providence for $62
- and more!
Don’t forget that if you have a Southwest Companion Pass you can bring along your companion for just the cost of taxes and fees on any Southwest flight! And it has never been easier to earn.
Right now you can earn 30,000 Southwest points and a Companion Pass that is valid until December 31, 2019, after being approved for and spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening any of the Southwest personal cards:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card – This card has the lowest annual fee among the Southwest personal cards
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card – This card has the most perks. You’ll earn 7,500 bonus Southwest points every card anniversary, $75 in annual statement credits for eligible Southwest purchases, and get 4 upgraded boardings per year (when available)
These offers are going away on February 11, 2019, so you’ve only got a week left to apply.
Hat tip: Beat of Hawaii