Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
There are regular Southwest fare sales & promotions. So be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss the next one.
Through February 21, 2019, Southwest is having the “Month of Love” sale.
The official sale page says that the promotion is valid for domestic fares starting March 5th, but I found lower prices than advertised on flights before then. Also, many routes have better prices than what you’ll find on the sale page. So it’s worth a few minutes to double check prices on the Southwest website.
Southwest Month of Love Sale
End date: February 21, 2019, at 11:59 pm local time of the originating city
Travel dates: Domestic travel is valid for March 5, 2019 to May 22, 2019. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico and international travel valid April 23 to May 16, 2109.
Terms & restrictions: 21 day advanced purchase required.
Interesting one-way routes include:
- Atlanta to Orlando for $49
- Austin to Orlando for $64
- Chicago to Cancun for $118
- Chicago to Orlando for $49
- Denver to New York for $91
- Denver to Las Vegas for $49
- Fort Lauderdale to Grand Cayman for $64
- Fort Lauderdale to Havana for $94
- Long Beach to Las Vegas for $39
- Nashville to Orlando for $77
- New York (EWR) to Orlando for $66
- Washington DC to Orlando for $49
- and more!
It’s a good idea to book your Southwest tickets as far in advance as possible. If your plans change (or the price of your ticket drops), you can change or cancel your flight without paying extra fees. And Southwest sales are also a great time to book award flights because they will cost fewer points as well, the cheapest flight only costs 1,791 points!
If you’re short on Southwest points you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest at a 1:1 ratio. Or you could open any of these Southwest cards and once you earn the sign-up bonus you’ll be ready for the next sale:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
The best part about earning a Southwest airlines credit card bonus is that it counts toward earning a Southwest Companion Pass!
You can find the details of the sale here.
Here’s to hoping you can find a great deal that fits into your travel plans!