Save Money on Quick & Healthier Food Choices on Your Next Road Trip With These Cards
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
However, it can be hard to eat healthy while on the road.
But you can save money and eat well while on-the-go by using cards that give cash back or bonus points.
Healthy Options on the Road
Gas stations with convenience stores are offering healthier food like prepackaged sandwiches, salads, and soups. So it’s not just hot dogs and junk food anymore!
Many of these are open 24 hours, which is great when you’re driving long hours.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express (3% cash back at US gas stations). Terms apply.
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express (2% cash back at US gas stations). Terms apply.
- AMEX EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card (2X American Express Membership Rewards points on gas in the US). Terms apply.
- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express (5 Hilton points on purchases at US gas stations)
- Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express (6 Hilton points on purchases at US gas stations)
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express (2X American Express Membership Rewards points at US gas stations and US restaurants). Terms apply.
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express (if you’ve selected US gas station as your 3% category). Terms apply.
- Chase AARP
- Chase Freedom (when gas stations are a 5X bonus category)
- Chase Ink Bold (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points at gas stations)
- Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points or 2% cash back on gas)
- Chase Ink Plus (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on gas)
- Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card (3 Hilton points on gas)
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN (if you’ve selected US gas stations as your 3X category, otherwise it’s 2X points)
- US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards American Express (2X FlexPoints on gas if it was your highest spending category in a billing cycle)
- US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards (2X FlexPoints on gas if it was your highest spending category in a billing cycle)
- US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature (2X FlexPoints on gas if it was your highest spending category in a billing cycle)
2. QuikTrip Gas
QuikTrip gas station offers made to order foods like toasted sandwiches, personal pizzas, and kolaches.
You can find RaceTrac gas stations in the South in states like Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. There are also affiliated locations in other Southern states such as Kentucky and Tennessee.
Sheetz offers customizable menu options like salads, deli sandwiches, and wraps.
Link: Wawa Nutrition Center
Wawa has gas stations along the East Coast and provides nutritional information about their food.
You can find quick and healthy meals when driving on road trips at gas stations and convenience stores.
Some are open 24 hours, like 7-Eleven, and offer fresh fruit and salads.
Which are your favorite gas stations to buy food?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)