We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. 30% More United Airlines Miles When You Earn With a New Partner
Mommy Points reports, you can earn a 30% bonus on base United Airlines miles (up to 25,000 miles) through partners. To earn the bonus miles, register and choose a participating partner you haven’t used in the past 12 months.
This deal is good through November 20, 2015.
Eligible partners include:
Terms & Conditions
- See the full list of eligible partners
- FTD qualifies, but there are exceptions and this offer ends November 13, 2015
- Airline partners, United Vacations, United Cruises, Mercedes- Benz and Fidelity, Hertz 5,000 and 7,500 mile promotions, Chase United MileagePlus credit card transactions, and all hotel and credit card points-to-mile transfer transactions are excluded from this promotion
2. Changes Coming to Marriott?
Via View From the Wing, Marriott may be making some positive changes to their rewards program. The potential additions to the program include:
- Cash & points – Pay for your award night with a mix of Marriott points and cash
- Share points with anyone – Share your Marriott points with whomever you choose (not restricted to immediate family). This is free for Gold & Platinum members, but there will be a fee of $10 for Silver members or folks without elite status.
- Book before you earn – Get a point advance from Marriott to book, then earn the points before your stay (this was previously an unpublished benefit)
- Award nights count towards Marriott elite status
Again, these changes may or may not happen. Marriott hasn’t officially released any information.
3. Triple Dip for Lots of Starwood Bonus Points!
Find out if your stay will qualify by checking out the list of hotels that are NOT participating in this promotion.
Register by December 6, 2015, and stay by December 20, 2015, to earn the bonus points.
Plus, you can stack this deal with other offers. There’s a new targeted offer to earn up to 7,500 Starwood points after 3 stays!
Enter your Starwood account number to see if you’re targeted for this offer. You could earn:
- 1,500 Starwood points on your 1st stay
- 2,500 Starwood points on your 2nd stay.
- 3,500 Starwood points on your 3rd stay
- Up to 7,500 Starwood points total
Just enter your Starwood number and email address to see if you qualify. You must register by November 30, 2015, and this deal is good for stays through December 31, 2015.
And you can triple dip by paying with your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express or Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express to earn an additional 2X Starwood points per $1 spent on your stay.
4. AMEX JetBlue Card No Longer Open to New Applications
It will be interesting to find out what’s in-store for current AMEX JetBlue cardholders. Barclays will be the new card issuer for JetBlue, but information about that card has NOT yet been released. I’ll let you know as soon I as get more details!
5. Virgin America Fares as Low as $59 Each Way (Ends Tomorrow)
Virgin America is having a sale on flights with 1-way coach fares starting at just $59 each way. But you’ll have to book by 11:59 pm Central Time on October 7, 2015, (tomorrow) to save. The travel dates vary by destination.
Here are a few deals that look interesting:
- Las Vegas to San Francisco – $59 one-way (for travel between October 20, 2015, and December 16, 2015)
- San Diego to San Francisco – $69 one-way (for travel between October 20, 2015, and December 16, 2015)
- Dallas to Washington, DC – $79 one-way (for travel between October 20, 2015, and December 16, 2015)
And some flights are cheaper. For example, I found flights from Las Vegas to San Francisco for just ~$43 each way.
Terms & Conditions
- Some flights require 14 day to 21 day advance purchase, so be sure to read the fine print for details
- Sale fares are for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays (except San Francisco to Honolulu or Kahului Airport in Maui, which are valid Mondays through Thursdays)
- Blackout dates include November 28, 2015 to November 30, 2015, January 1, 2016, to January 4, 2016, January 15, 2016, to January 18, 2016.