Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Pay for Your Starwood Stay by Your Birth Year
When you stay at Starwood hotels in the US, Canada, and the Caribbean, the rate you pay could be determined by the last 2 digits of your birth year.
At participating Starwood hotels you’ll pay the regular rate the 1st night, then the cost of the 2nd night is determined by your birth year. For example, if you were born in 1950, you’ll only pay $50!
However, some Starwood hotels will add $100 to this for the 2nd and 3rd night. So if you were born in 1974, you’d pay $174 for the 2nd and 3rd night of your stay.
For the rest of your stay, you’ll get the lowest available rate.
Terms & Conditions
- Advanced reservations required and availability is limited
- Book online, or by calling 877-782-0108 and mentioning promotional code “NBR”
- You must stay 2 or more nights to get the discount (length of stay required varies by hotel)
- The discounted rate will be confirmed at check-in when you present an ID and your birth year is verified
- Consecutive reservations for this offer will not be honored
- Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply
You must be at least 18 years old to participate, so unfortunately you will NOT be able to get a free room by bringing your child born in 2000!
2. Save 35% on Award Stays at Starwood
Via One Mile at a Time, you can get 35% off award stays at select Starwood resort hotels. This deal ends March 8, 2016.
If you recently applied for the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express and Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express cards and want to splurge on a luxury resort, this will save you a good chunk of points!
Note: This deal can NOT be booked online. Call Starwood at 877-782-7966 to reserve a room.
And you can save even more, when you stack this deal with the 5th night free when you book 4 or more consecutive award nights!
But do what works best for you!
3. The Citi AAdvantage Platinum Card Removes Foreign Transaction Fees
One Mile at a Time also reports, the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® will no longer charge foreign transaction fees starting November 15, 2015.
This is good news for folks who travel overseas and are trying to meet the minimum spending requirements on this card.
On the same day, the $100 discount on an American Airlines flight you earn when you spend $30,000 on the card each year is ending.
But I’d rather use my everyday spending to earn sign-up bonuses on other cards anyway.
Or on cards like the AMEX Starwood personal or small business because you’ll earn more than 1 mile per $1 you spend. That’s because you get 5,000 bonus miles each time you transfer 20,000 Starwood points to airlines like American Airlines.
4. Get Your Global Entry Approved Without an Appointment at Dulles Day Festival!
If you’ll be in the Washington, DC, area this weekend, you may want to stop by Washington Dulles International Airport. Via Fishing4Deals, the airport is holding their annual Dulles Day Festival & Plane Pull on September 19, 2015, from 10:30 am Eastern Time to 4:00 pm Eastern Time.
This is a field day of sorts where folks compete in a 5K or 10K run and pull planes. There will also be:
- Unique airplanes on display (Air Force jets, World War 2 bombers, rescue helicopters, & more!)
- Car show
- Kids Truck Pull
Admission and parking is free. But you’ll need to register with a team of 25 people and pay $60 per person to get your hands on that rope!
And you can speed up the Global Entry (avoid the long lines at Immigration & Customs) application process while you’re there!
Once your application is “conditionally” approved online, you can drop by the event and meet with Global Entry agents to get your final approval. No appointment needed!
You can earn up to a $100 statement credit to cover the cost of the application fee for Global Entry with cards like:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN
- The Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz
- Citi Prestige
Remember, if you have Global Entry, you’re automatically eligible for TSA PreCheck!
Also, just want to let y’all know there’s still time to earn 3,000 American Airlines miles after your 1st tee time. And on Saturday we’ll be giving away a fun prize worth $200!