Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. Southwest Sale on 1-Way Flights
Flights to Puerto Rico are valid from April 7, 2015, to May 20, 2015. Travel to and from Florida, Nevada, or Puerto Rico is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Sale prices are good for outbound and return flights. So you can book round-trip flights at these prices.
Southwest has a revenue based frequent flyer program, so a fare sale means that both cash AND award bookings using points will usually cost less!
Here are 1-way flights I found interesting:
- Austin to Denver starting at $83 or 4,428 Southwest points
- Los Angeles to San Francisco starting at $69 or 3,516 Southwest points
- Newark to Chicago starting at $89 or 4,819 Southwest points
But check the full list of sale fares to see if there is 1 that fits into your travel plans! If you have the Southwest Companion Pass, a friend or family member can fly with you for free whether you pay in cash or points.
2. Virgin America Fare Sale $39
Virgin America is having a sale on select 1-way coach flights. Book by 11:59 pm Central Standard Time on February 19, 2015, (this Thursday). Sale prices are for travel Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
Other important terms:
- 21-day advanced purchase required
- Black out dates include – March 26, 2015, to March 29, 2015, April 3, 2015, to April 6, 2015, and May 22, 2015, to May 25, 2015
Here are examples of 1-way coach sale fares:
- Austin to Dallas from ~$38 (for travel between April 28, 2015, to June 6, 2015)
- Las Vegas to Los Angeles from ~$58 (for travel between March 10, 2015, to May 20, 2015)
- San Francisco to Los Angeles from ~$68 (for travel between March 10, 2015, to May 20, 2015).
Be sure to compare Virgin America and Southwest sale fares to find the best price!
3. New York to Los Angeles for $296 Round-Trip
The Flight Deal reports you can get round-trip tickets between New York and Los Angeles for $296 on many major airlines including:
- American Airlines
- Virgin America
On most airlines, this sale is for travel through April 29, 2015.
This price includes some Saturdays and Sundays. So this would be great for a weekend getaway.
You can book through Orbitz to earn Orbucks points that can be used to book their selection of hotels.
You’ll also earn bonus points with your Chase Sapphire Preferred (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on travel), Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express (3X American Express Membership Rewards points on tickets booked directly with airlines), or Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard (2.1% back on travel).
4. AMEX Offers: Get $50 Off $250 on Los Angeles Hotels
If you have plans to book 1 of the Southwest or Virgin America sale fares to Los Angeles, you can also save on your hotel!
Frequent Miler reports you can get a $50 statement credit when you spend $250 at a Los Angeles hotel. Hotels booked through 3rd party sites will not qualify.
Getting the $50 statement credit is easy:
- Register your AMEX credit card by April 15, 2015, (prepaid cards like Bluebird and Serve don’t qualify)
- Use your card to make a single purchase of $250 in hotel charges by April 15, 2015
Check out the full list of eligible hotels. Hotels booked through 3rd party sites or travel agencies and payments made in advance of your stay will NOT qualify.
If you have more than 1 AMEX card, you can take advantage of this deal more than once! Remember, you can also get a $50 credit when you spend $250 at Hilton hotels by April 5, 2015.
5. Get 500 Bonus Miles With Rocketmiles
Rocketmiles is celebrating Mardi Gras by giving you 500 bonus miles when you make a hotel booking (anywhere, not just New Orleans!) by February 20, 2015 (this Friday). You will NOT get the bonus points for existing reservations.
Check out my full review of Rocketmiles for tips on how to earn airline miles on discounted hotels.