News You Can Use – Marriott Mega Bonus & More…
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Marriott Fall 2013 Mega BonusVia Loyalty Lobby, Marriott has a new MegaBonus promotion between September 15, 2013 and January 15, 2014.
You can earn a free night at a Marriott category 1 to 5 hotel, up to two free nights, for every two paid stays.
However, not everyone will get this offer and some folks will get extra Marriott points after staying a certain number of nights at a Marriott hotel.Registration is required and must be completed by November 15, 2013.
Free reward nights must be used within 1 year from date of issue. Here are the full Terms & Conditions.
2. Up to 7,500 Miles off American Airlines Awards
You can get up to 7,500 miles off your next round trip award redemption if you have a Citi American Airlines credit card. These discounts are only valid on travel to select destinations.
The mileage discount depends on which Citi American Airlines card you have. You pay 5,000 miles less per round-trip (or 2,500 fewer miles for a one-way) if you have the following cards:
- Citi® / AAdvantage®
American Express Card
- Citi® Gold / AAdvantage®
You pay 7,500 miles less per round-trip (or 3,750 fewer miles for a one-way) if you have the following cards:
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
3. Air France 50% Off Award Travel with Promo AwardsVia Live and Let’s Fly, Flying Blue (the Frequent Flier program for Air France, KLM, and Air Europa) is featuring Promo Awards for travel this summer. There is a 50% discount for award travel on select routes.
Eligible North American Departure cities include Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis, Montreal New York (JFK) and Washington, DC. This offer is good for travel dates through August 31, 2013 and booked by August 29, 2013.
Note that fuel surcharges and ticketing fees on Flying Blue award redemptions can easily add up to $400 to $500. Still, half price award tickets in business class could be a good value.
This is not a good value for coach tickets because you use miles AND pay high taxes and fees.
You can transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to AirFrance instantly at a 1:1 ratio. You can also transfer Starwood hotel points to Air France and transfers in increments of 20,000 points gets you 25,000 Air France miles. Note that transfers from Starwood hotel to Air France are not instant and could take 7 to 10 days to transfer.
The taxes and fees on AirFrance award tickets can be quite expensive, so make sure to do the math for your specific situation.
4. Double Points on Starwood Stays with “Take Two” PromotionVia One Mile at a Time, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) will offer double points on all stays with their “Take Two” promotion. Registration for this promotion is not available yet, which will be for valid stays between September 1, 2013 and December 15, 2013.
You will earn two points for every dollar spent at Starwood hotels, excluding elite bonuses. In addition, you’ll get 2,500 bonus points for every 5 eligible nights, with a cap of 10,000 bonus points after 20 eligible nights.
Terms & Conditions
The registration link is not yet active yet, but you have to register before midnight Eastern Time on October 31, 2013.
Unfortunately, there is a list of over 100 hotels are excluded from this bonus. Here are the full Terms and Conditions.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)