1. Staples Now Has $300 Visa Gift Cards Online
Folks like to buy these cards to help meet minimum spending requirements and earn points.
You can buy these Visa gift cards now and use them later, anywhere Visa is accepted. Or use them in places where only debit cards are accepted, like Aldi supermarket.
Or you can use these PIN-enabled gift cards to load your AMEX Prepaid card such as Bluebird or AMEX Serve. Then use 1 of those to pay bills that don’t accept credit cards such as your mortgage, rent, student loans, etc.
It’s much easier to meet minimum spending requirements when you can include your biggest monthly bills!
You’ll pay ~$9 in fees for the $300 Visa gift card (~$8 activation fee + $1 for shipping), but this is still a better deal than buying the $200 Visa gift cards in-store at Staples.
That’s because if you purchase $600 in Visa gift cards in-store, you’ll need 3 $200 Visa gift cards. This means paying 3 ~$7 activation fees for a total of ~$21. But it you buy 2 $300 gift cards at Staples.com, you only pay 2 ~$9 fees for a total of ~$18. So you’re saving ~$3.
And you’ll save even more when you pay with certain cards, like the AMEX SimplyCash, which earns 5% cash back at US office supply stores.
2. 2 Chase Hyatt Card Offers – Which 1 Do You Qualify For?
There are now 2 different Chase Hyatt card offers. With the Chase Hyatt card you get:
- 2 nights at ANY Hyatt hotel when you spend $1,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account
- 5,000 Hyatt bonus points when you add an authorized user who makes a purchase with your card within the 1st 3 months
- 3 Hyatt points per $1 you spend at Hyatt hotels which includes Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Resorts, Hyatt House, and Park Hyatt brand hotels.
- 2 Hyatt points per $1 you spend at restaurants, airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, and car rental agencies
- Platinum status (free premium internet, better rooms when available, late check-out)
- A free night in a category 1 to 4 Hyatt each year on your account anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees
Plus, if you’ve stayed at a Hyatt hotel since May 1, 2015, you’ll also earn a $50 statement credit after your 1st purchase (using this link).
Folks who have NOT recently stayed at Hyatt will NOT get the $50 credit and should use this application link.
Emily and I don’t receive a commission for either Hyatt card offer, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals!
3. Save up to $15 at Dollar General (Targeted)Slickdeals reports you can earn a $5 statement credit when you spend $25 or more at Dollar General through AMEX Offers. And you can earn this credit up to 3 times through December 31, 2015.
This is currently a targeted offer. So check your American Express account to see if you qualify for the credit.
Never used AMEX Offers before? See my post on how these deals work.
Plus, Dollar General carries gift cards to places like Amazon, iTunes, and Home Depot, as well as various restaurants and gas stations. And some Dollar General stores will let you purchase gift cards with a credit card.
4. $10 Off Your Cell Phone Bill (Targeted)
Many wireless providers will let you make partial payments. But you may want to wait between payments to be sure the transactions aren’t combined.
I’m happy to share these savings with you. And tomorrow I’ll make 1 of y’all extra happy because someone will win a $200 gift card to Target!