News You Can Use – AMEX Card Doubles Bonus for Some, $20 Off MasterCard Gift Cards, $40 Off Renaissance Hotels, & More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Higher Sign-Up Bonus on AMEX EveryDay Preferred (Targeted)Via Slick Deals, there’s a new offer for the AMEX EveryDay Preferred card. Some folks have been targeted to earn 30,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of account opening.
This is double the usual offer! Find out more details on this thread.
2. Get a $20 Rebate on $300+ Worth of MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples
Link: AMEX SimplyCashVia Slick Deals, get a $20 Staples Easy Rebate when you spend $300+ on MasterCard gift cards in-store at Staples.
I wish we got a $20 statement credit, but still, this is easy free money to spend at Staples! I haven’t eaten meat for over a month now, but that doesn’t mean I have to give up hoarding $20 worth of candy at Staples! 🙂
Remember you can use these PIN-enabled MasterCard gift cards to load AMEX Serve and AMEX Bluebird. Then use 1 of those to pay bills (such as rent) that you can’t ordinarily pay by credit card.
The rebate can cover the activation fees!
Read about how to redeem Staples Easy Rebates.
Remember, AMEX SimplyCash earns 5% cash back at US office supply stores.
3. Save $40 on $200+ at Renaissance HotelsVia Deals We Like, get a $40 statement credit when you spend $200+ at Renaissance Hotels, which is part of Marriott, when you pay with a synced AMEX card through November 30, 2015.Log into your AMEX account to find the offer, or tweet “#AmexRenaissance” to sync the offer via Twitter.
Terms and Conditions
- Enrollment is limited, so add it to your card soon if you think you’ll use it
- Reservations must be made online, through the Marriott phone app, or by phone
- Offer is valid only at Renaissance Hotels in the US and US territories
- Excludes gift card purchases
4. Redeem 25% Fewer Miles for Flights on Air France or KLM to Europe
Link: Flying Blue Promo Awards
You can now book the new Flying Blue promo awards!
You can fly between:
- Houston and Europe in coach for 18,750 Flying Blue miles each way
- Montreal and Europe in Business Class for 46,875 Flying Blue miles each way
- Vancouver and Europe in Business Class for 46,875 Flying Blue miles each way
These promotions are sometimes discounted as much as 50% off, but even at 25% off, 18,750 Flying Blue miles to Europe can be a great deal!
Keep in mind, Flying Blue adds fuel surcharges, which can add ~$200 to ~$300 to the price of your award ticket. That said, you can fly to parts of the Middle East, Israel, and Russia for the same price because Flying Blue considers those places to be parts of Europe.
Let me know if you use any of today’s deals!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)