News You Can Use – $50 Off to Try Airbnb!, 1,000 Easy Club Carlson Points, Gift Card Deals, & More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Save $50 on Your 1st Booking With Airbnb!
You used to save $25 on your 1st stay with Airbnb. But now you can save $50 with my referral link! So this is an excellent time to try a stay at cool places like St. Pancras Clocktower Guest Suite in London!
This is a fantastic deal! Where do you plan to stay with this $50 credit?Note: I’m not sure how long this credit will last! Update: Thanks to reader HeavenlyJane for pointing out you need to book a stay of $200+ to earn the $50 credit.
2. 1,000 Free Club Carlson Points!Mommy Points reports, you can get 1,000 free Club Carlson points! You have until March 19, 2015, to register, but the number of bonuses is limited! So it’s a good idea to sign-up soon!
So follow these steps:
- Click on the registration page
- Follow Club Carlson on Twitter
- Click “Connect Using Twitter” and authorize the app
- The registration page should then refresh with a form for you to complete with your Club Carlson number & email address
- If you don’t get the form – unfollow Club Carlson on Twitter, uninstall the app, and try again!
Other Important Terms & Conditions
- You must be a Club Carlson member and have an active Twitter account for at least 30 days
- 1 bonus per member
- You should receive your bonus points within 4 to 6 weeks
Remember, there are a few other great ways to earn lots of Club Carlson points right now! Plus, if you have the US Bank Club Carlson card, you get your last night free on award stays of 2 consecutive nights or more!
3. Earn Another 1,000 Club Carlson Points!
The Club Carlson promotions just keep on coming!
You can earn 1,000 Club Carlson bonus points per night when you stay at new Club Carlson hotels in North, Central, and South America. Just book the rate “Promotion Period” and use promotional code “NOWOPEN”. This deal should stack with all the other current Club Carlson promotions.
4. $10 Off 2 $50 Gift Cards at OfficeMax & Office Depot
Via Frequent Miler, you can save $10 when you buy 2 $50 Visa gift cards in-store at OfficeMax or Office Depot. This deal ends March 7, 2015, (tomorrow!) and is limited to 2 per person or household.
Visa gift cards usually charge a ~$5 activation fee, so this $10 off promotion is an excellent way to meet the minimum spending requirements on your credit card or earn some extra points!
You can earn 5X points or 5% cash back on your purchase with the following cards:
- AMEX SimplyCash
- Chase Ink Bold (no longer available)
- Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card
- Chase Ink Plus
The cards sold at OfficeMax can be loaded onto your AMEX Serve or Bluebird account at Walmart! Some folks are reporting that this deal isn’t advertised at their local store. but with a little persistence they were able to get the cashier to find the code in the back room!
5. 2.25% Cash Back on AMEX Business Gift Cards (Today Only!)Update: Frequent Miler now reports that purchases made with the Barclaycard US Airways card may code as a cash advance. So it’s best to avoid that card for now! Frequent Miler also writes you can save 2.25% on AMEX Business gift cards with TopCashBack. But this deal is for today only!
This may be another useful way to meet the minimum spending on credit cards. Remember, NOT to use a Citi card, because they often charge cash advance fees on gift cards purchased from American Express.
However, cards from the following banks should work:
- Bank of America
- Capital One
- US Bank
That said, some banks like Discover and US Bank will decline the charge if it exceeds your cash advance limit. That’s because the authorization is marked as a cash advance, but it will NOT post as a cash advance. But if your cash advance limit is set to $1, you’ll need to raise it for your transaction to go through.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)