Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. Double Points on Southwest Flights
It is only for cash tickets and not tickets booked with Southwest points.
- 12 points (instead of 6 points) per $1 on Wanna Get Away fares
- 20 points (instead of 10 points) per $1 on Anytime fares
- 24 points (instead of 12 points) per $1 on Business Select Fares
Terms & Conditions
You have to register for the promotion and here’s the link to register. Also, you have to book AND fly by November 21, 2013.
And you have to book your flights on the Southwest website. You won’t earn double points if you book a Southwest flight on the Air Tran website.
What Does This Mean?
So you’re getting 20 cents back per $1 spent or a 20% discount (12 Southwest points X 1.67 cents per Southwest point) for booking the cheapest Wanna Get Away fares.
This increases to a 40% discount if you book a Southwest Business Select fare, and use the points earned for the cheapest Wanna Getaway Fares!
If you already have cash ticket, you can cancel it for free and get a credit valid for up to 1 year from when you made the booking.
And you can re-book if the ticket price is still the same and get the extra points!
2. Bora Bora Trip Reports
Emily and I had our second honeymoon in Bora Bora and it was perhaps the most scenic places which I’ve visited.
So I was happy to re-live our trip, only with MUCH better pictures from Lenticular Travel, who sent in this picture.
3. Registration Open for Hilton Promotion
I shared in a recent post that Hilton is offering up to 4X Hilton points per stay, through December 31, 2013.
You can now register for the promotion via this link.
Through this promotion you earn:
- 2X points on stays of 2 nights
- 3X points on stays of 3 nights
- 4X points on stays of 4 nights or more
Remember that lots of hotels that are not participating in this promotion.
4. Lufthansa Award Ticket Discounts
Coach flights are 30,000 miles and business class flights are 55,000 for a return trip.
This could be good for flights to and from Europe. But there are also big drawbacks.
- Pay high fuel surcharges (~$600+ for a coach return and ~$800+ for a business class return).
- NOT get your money OR miles back if you cancel the ticket
- Have to depart & return from select cities only
- No stopovers or open jaws possible
You can book award travel at discounted rates through this offer, through October 31, 2013 and you have to fly by November 16, 2013.