We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. $25 Off $100+ Hotel Booking
The holidays may be over, but American Express always seems to have fun stocking stuffer gifts for us!
I checked my AMEX Offers in my online account and found a great deal for $25 off when you spend $100 at any hotel, motel, or bed & breakfast. This is targeted to certain cardholders, so good luck!
One Mile at a Time received a similar offer for $50 off a $250+ booking. Be sure to read the fine print for all the details, such as that you must pay directly (no 3rd-party sites like Orbitz) for your room by March 31, 2016.
2. 25% Off Coach Award Flights to Europe From Houston
That’s because when you book by January 31, 2016, for travel through April 30, 2016, you’ll only pay 18,750 Flying Blue miles each way in coach to Europe, the Middle East, and Near Asia.
Be sure to check the math before you book because there are taxes & fees.
To take advantage of this deal, use Flying Blue miles. American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou points, and Starwood points all transfer to Flying Blue at a 1:1 ratio. Remember, you get 5,000 bonus airline miles when you transfer 20,000 Starwood points.
3. No Visa Fee to Visit Brazil This Summer
Skip the usual $160 fee US passport holders must pay to visit Brazil. The Points Guy reports that from June 1, 2016, to September 18, 2016, folks can stay up to 90 days without a visa. Visitors from Australia, Canada, and Japan will also be able to enter free of charge.
4. Eligible Allegiant Travelers Now Get TSA PreCheck
TSA PreCheck is a terrific way to save time getting through security at the airport. But only certain airports and airlines participate in the program.
Now, eligible travelers can get faster TSA PreCheck screening when they fly Allegiant.
Note: TSA PreCheck no longer offers expedited screening to random passengers who are members of a participating airline’s frequent flyer program.
To qualify, you must be a:
- US citizen or lawful permanent resident with a Known Traveler Number or a member of the TSA PreCheck Application Program
- Military member, including US Coast Guard, Reserves, and National Guard
- Department of Defense and US Coast Guard civilian employee
- Member of the following Trusted Traveler programs: Global Entry; US citizens, lawful permanent residents, and Canadian citizens who are NEXUS members; and US citizens and permanent residents who are SENTRI members
Check out my post on ways to get your TSA PreCheck and Global Entry application fees refunded!
Let me know if you’re headed to Brazil for the 2016 Summer Olympics. Or where you’ll be cashing in your hotel discount from American Express!