News You Can Use – 2,000 Starwood Points or 20% Off Starwood Best Rate Guarantee, 5% Back at Marriott Hotels, and More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. 2,000 Starwood Points or 20% Off Starwood Best Rate Guarantee
I value Starwood points at ~2 cents each so 2,000 Starwood points are worth $40. So unless you’re paying more than ~$200 a night for your room it probably makes sense to choose the Starwood points.
2. Get 5% Back at MarriottYou can get 5% cash back at Marriott hotels through TopCashBack for stays booked by January 11, 2015.
If you’re new to TopCashBack, you can sign-up here.
3. $49 Fares on Virgin America
Some fares are $49, but most are higher. You can fly from January 27, 2015, to May 9, 2015. However, there are some exceptions.
You can travel between January 20, 2015, and May 9, 2015, on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday between these cities:
- Austin to San Francisco
- Dallas to Los Angeles/San Francisco/LaGuardia/Washington, DC
- New York (JFK) to Fort Lauderdale
- Las Vegas to San Francisco
- Los Angeles to Seattle
- San Francisco to Seattle
- Portland to San Francisco
- Las Vegas to Los Angeles
- San Francisco to Los Angeles
- Palm Springs to San Francisco
- San Diego to San Francisco
Flights from Boston to Las Vegas have to be flown by April 11, 2015. And flights from New York (JFK) to Fort Lauderdale have to be completed by April 25, 2015.
And you can NOT fly between:
- March 13, 2015, to March 22, 2015
- April 3, 2015, to April 6, 2015
so no visiting family and friends for Spring Break.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)