We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. 100 Free Aeroplan Miles. New Girl in the Air reports that you can earn 100 free Aeroplan miles (Aeroplan is the frequent flyer program of Air Canada) just by entering a Canadian address including a city and provence in this home valuation tool.
Perhaps you are Canadian, or know someone with a house in Canada or you know Google.
2. Your United Elite Status Perks Transfer to Award Travel for Others. Frequently Flying reports that if you have elite status on United and book a United flight for someone else using miles, the person for whom you booked a flight will get your elite status benefits (free bags, access to economy plus seats with extra leg room, etc.)
3. $20 to $300 Off Jet Blue Flights. MileValue writes that JetBlue has emailed $20 to $300 off coupons to folks on their email list. He also explains how to make the most of this promotion.
4. Double Points on Southwest & Air Tran. Online Travel Review reports that Southwest and Air Tran are offering double points for paid flights between September 13,2012 and November 15, 2012.
Unfortunately, you can’t earn double points for travel which you’ve already booked, and you have to register before booking your Southwest or Air Tran ticket.
5. Activate Chase Freedom Categories. Today is the last day to activate the 5% quarterly bonus on gas stations and restaurants by using your Chase Freedom credit card.
Activating the quarterly bonus is retroactive meaning that you will earn 5% (up to $1,500 or 7,500 Ultimate Rewards points) for all gas station and restaurant purchases made in July, August, and September.
If you’ll be buying groceries in the next few months, it doesn’t hurt to buy gas station gift cards (if it is part of a chain which also includes grocery stores) or gift cards to other stores from your gas station before September 30 with your Chase Freedom to earn the 5% bonus.