Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
It’s an incredible time to apply for an airline credit card. A couple days ago we wrote about Delta raising their card bonuses to more than double the standard offer (up to 75,000 miles).
Now, we’re seeing a substantial increase for the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®. You’ll earn 70,000 American Airlines miles after spending $4,000 within the first four months of account opening. That’s more than enough for any of the following:
- A round-trip flight to anywhere in Europe
- Two round-trip flights to Peru during off-peak dates
- A round-trip flight to Tokyo
I’ll remind you of all that you’ll get with this card.
70,000 bonus miles with the CitiBusiness Platinum Select
The previous offer for the CitiBusiness Platinum Select was 60,000 miles, so a 10,000 mile boost with this new offer is fantastic.
Note that you’ll have four months to complete this card’s minimum spending. If you’ve been active in this hobby for long, you know that airline credit cards almost always give you three months to meet spending requirements — so this four month window makes this bonus attainable for most everyone.
Here are the ongoing benefits that come with the card:
- 2 American Airlines miles per dollar spent on American Airlines flights
- 2 American Airlines miles per dollar spent at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants, and gas stations
- 1 American Airlines mile per dollar spent on other purchases
- First checked bag for free for you and up to four companions on the same reservation
- Preferred Group 5 boarding
- Access to Reduced Mileage Awards
- Annual $99 Companion Certificate when you spend $30,000+ each cardmember year and renew your card (account must remain open at least 45 days after your anniversary date).
- 25% savings for in-flight snacks
- No foreign transaction fees
Further reading: CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard Review
Just note that this is a small business credit card. You must have a small business to qualify for the Citi American Airlines Platinum Select business credit card — but that doesn’t mean you must oversee a multi-million dollar corporation. You could qualify with side gigs like:
- freelance writing
- Renting an Airbnb
- Uber driver
And remember, you can apply for small-business credit cards using just your social security number.
I hope this deal fits into your travel goals! It’s rare to see an American Airlines card more generous than this woolly mammoth of an offer. You can subscribe to our newsletter so you’ll never miss a limited-time deal.