Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Heads up if you’re planning a paid stay in the near future!
IHG has a new promotion for stays at Holiday Inn Express hotels between August 1, 2017, and September 30, 2017. You’ll earn 2X IHG points for stays of 3+ nights during the week, and 3X IHG points for 3+ night weekend stays (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).
This deal should stack with IHG’s current Accelerate promotion, which ends August 31, 2017.
I’ll share the details!
IHG Holiday Inn Express Promotion
Starting tomorrow, July 18, 2017, IHG Rewards Club members (free to join) can register to earn up to 3X IHG points for 3+ night stays at Holiday Inn Express hotels between August 1, 2017, and September 30, 2017.
Here are the terms:
- You must register to earn bonus points on Holiday Inn Express hotel stays of 3+ nights within the promotion period
- Earn 2X IHG points on weekday stays of 3+ nights (based on the average daily rate)
- Earn 3X IHG points on weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) stays of 3+ nights (based on the average daily rate)
- Only IHG members in the Americas are eligible
- You must book directly through IHG to earn bonus points
Million Mile Secrets team member Jasmin has stayed at Holiday Inn Express locations several times with her 3 children. The kids love the free breakfast (no elite status required), especially the pancake machine and warm, gooey cinnamon rolls!
Want More IHG Points?
For a limited time, you’ll earn 80,000 IHG points after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening the Chase IHG card. That’s a great deal, because the normal sign-up bonus is 60,000 IHG points after meeting minimum spending requirements.
You’ll also get:
- 5 points per $1 spent at IHG hotels
- 2 points per $1 spent at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 5,000 bonus IHG points after adding an authorized user and making a purchase within the first 3 months
- Free night at any IHG hotel after each cardmember anniversary
- Platinum Elite Status as long as you have the card (50% bonus points, complimentary room upgrades if available, priority check-in)
- 10% points rebate (up to 100,000 points back per year)
There are NO foreign transaction fees with this card. It has a $49 annual fee, but it’s waived the first year.
This is one of the Chase cards I keep in my wallet, even with the annual fee. The free night at any IHG hotel on your card anniversary (even luxury resorts) makes the Chase IHG card worth keeping year after year.
Check out these posts for ideas on how to use the Chase IHG anniversary free night:
- 5 Top Hotels in Europe to Book With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Great Hotels in the US With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Outstanding Hotels in the Caribbean & Mexico With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Terrific Hotels in Asia & Australia With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Excellent Hotels in Central & South America With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Fantastic Hotels on the Mediterranean Sea With IHG Card’s Free Night
Keep in mind, IHG Hotels are a Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer partner. So folks with cards like the Chase Ink Business Preferred, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Chase Sapphire Reserve can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to IHG instantly at a 1:1 ratio.
You’ll earn 2X IHG points for stays of 3+ nights during the week, and 3X IHG points for 3+ night weekend stays (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). Stay dates are August 1, 2017, through September 31, 2017.
Let me know if you book a trip!