Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. BIG Southwest Sale
Southwest is having a nationwide sale! Book your flights by June 7, 2018, to get prices as low as $44 one-way. Travel is valid from August 21, 2018, to December 12, 2018.
You’ll find great prices for one-way flights on some appealing routes, including 250+ that are under $50! Here are a few interesting flights:
- Memphis to Houston for $44
- Atlanta to Cleveland for $49
- Baltimore to Detroit for $49
- Chicago to Charleston for $79
- Fort Lauderdale to San Jose, Costa Rica for $99
It’s a good idea to book your Southwest tickets as far in advance as possible. If your plans change (or the price of your ticket drops), you can change or cancel your flight without penalty.
2. Did You Pay Fuel Surcharges on a British Airways Award Flight? You May Be Compensated Handsomely!
If you’ve redeemed British Airways Avios points for award flights between November 9, 2006, and April 17, 2013, you might have some money coming your way!
Folks who paid fuel surcharges on British Airways award flights between those dates can file for their share of a cash settlement from British Airways. You can check out this page to see what you’re entitled to.
Some folks are receiving hundreds of dollars! Check your inbox and spam folder for an email from British Airways with the subject line “Dover v. British Airways Fuel Surcharge Class Action Notice” to get your unique claim ID. If you didn’t receive an email, you can contact the Settlement Claims Administrator at email@example.com to see if you’re eligible.
If you don’t ask for cash, you should automatically receive British Airways Avios points in your British Airways account within 30 days of the case being signed-off:
- 12,500 British Airways Avios points for folks who reserved 1 award flight
- 20,000 British Airways Avios points for folks who reserved 2 to 5 award flights
- 35,000 British Airways Avios points for folks who reserved 6+ award flights
You can also ask for a payment of 16.9% of the fuel surcharges you paid on award flights during that period. But you’ll have to submit a claim by July 29, 2018.
Hopefully lots of you receive compensation!
To make sure you never miss valuable miles & points news and promos, sign up for our email newsletter!