Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you’re looking for a cheap getaway, there are great deals available today to Las Vegas, Orlando, and several Mexican destinations!
You can fly from Newark to Las Vegas for only ~$184 round-trip in coach. Or between San Francisco and Orlando in coach for just ~$185 round-trip.
And you can fly to Mexico from several cities in coach for less than ~$300 round-trip.
Remember, cheap fares like these don’t last long.
Hot Airfare Deals for July 15, 2015
Link: The Flight Deal
Link: Fare Deal Alert
1. Newark to Las Vegas on US Airways for ~$184 Round-Trip
If you’re feeling lucky, you can get away to Las Vegas from Newark on US Airways for ~$184 round-trip in coach.
Travel dates are from late August 2015 to December 2015, and from January 2016 to March 2016. There’s a 1-day advance purchase requirement.
2. Various Cities to Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, or Cancun for as Little as ~$274 Round-Trip
Folks who need a tropical escape can fly to Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, and Cancun on US Airways for less than ~$300 round-trip in coach.
Sale cities include:
- Salt Lake City
Travel dates are from mid-August 2015 through October 2015. You must buy your ticket at least 3 days prior to departure.
3. San Francisco to Orlando on US Airways for ~$185 Round-Trip
Travel between late August 2015 and early December 2015. Or January 2016 to March 2016.
There’s a 1-day advance purchase requirement.
Don’t Forget to Use the Right Credit Card!
Remember, you get a free checked bag and priority boarding on US Airways when you have the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®, Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®, or Barclaycard Aviator (not open to new applicants) card. You do NOT have to pay with the card to get the free checked bag!
Plus, you’ll earn 2 American Airlines miles per $1 you spend on US Airways flights when you use 1 of the above cards.
Or, use a card that earns bonus points for travel or airfare purchased directly from airlines:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 2 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 you spend on travel
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express – 3 points per $1 you spend on airfare purchased directly from airlines, although I’ve found you almost always get the points even if you book through a 3rd party site like Orbitz!
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard – get 2.1% back when you redeem miles for $100+ travel purchases, including airfare
- Citi Prestige – 3 Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on travel
- Citi ThankYou Premier – 3 Citi ThankYou points per $1 you spend on travel
Get Free Hotel Nights With These Cards
If you book a cheap flight, remember there are lots of ways to get cheap or free hotel rooms with points from credit card bonuses and spending!
Remember, you can transfer flexible points like Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards to different hotel programs.
Note: Folks who want to book paid stays could check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But remember you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized).
And if you’re feeling adventurous or prefer a local, more neighborhood feel, Airbnb is a great way to save money on acommodations, especially for longer stays.
There are great deals available today! Remember, low fares don’t last, so book quickly if you want to get in on these prices.
Have you seen other good airfare deals today? Please share them in the comments.
And let me know if you book a flight!