Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. 50% to 100% off Marriott Hotels. Travel By Points brilliantly explains how you can stack 5 different Marriott hotel promotions to end up with 50% to 100% off Marriott hotel stays!
2. 5,000 United Miles for United Credit Card Holders. Mommy Points and Million Mile Secrets reader Jake report that you can earn an extra 5,000 United miles if you’ve spent $1,000 on your United credit card between August 1, 2012 & October 31, 2012.
The terms say that you have to be an existing United cardholder as of August 1, 2012. This means that you likely won’t get the bonus if you applied and were approved for the card after August 1, 2012.
You have to enter your United frequent flyer number in the registration page, so I suspect that you should be able to get the bonus even if you have an old Continental credit card.
It is unclear to me if spending before registering will count or if you have to spend $1,000 after registering.
Edit: The terms have been updated to include United cards issued outside the US, so I don’t think this offer will work.
3. 1,000 Free Hilton Points. Deals we Like writes about a way to earn 1,000 free Hilton points.
4. 2,500 US Air Miles. Mile Nerd points out that you can get 2,500 US Air miles by opening a Sharebuilder account. If you don’t plan on using Sharebuilder, you could just buy a cheap stock for a few dollars just for the miles.
The terms say ” Limit one per unique customer” so you many not qualify if you already opened an account during last year’s US Air Grand Slam promotion.
5. MegoDo Seats. View from the Wing writes that United has launched their own contest for the StarMega DO and that United CEO Jeff Smisek will attend the event as well.
Live From a Lounge has compiled a list of all the Boarding Area blogs which are running a contest to win a seat next to Randy Peterson on StarMega DO as well.
My favorite contest is hosted on Rapid Travel Chai who simply asks “How have you helped a traveler you did not previously know?” I love reading the responses to this question!
I’ll be running my own contest soon, so stay tuned!