Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
This page includes information about the Discover it® Cash Back that is not currently available on Million Mile Secrets and may be out of date.
I wrote how you could earn 5% to 15% back on every Amazon purchase by shopping through Giving Assistant, a shopping portal.
But you still have 1 week to make the most of this deal!
I’ll show you ways to earn the most cash back, and share a new Amazon deal last-minute travelers might love!
What’s the Deal?
Link: Giving Assistant
But Giving Assistant announced this cash back deal will end November 1, 2015.
I thought it was gracious of the folks at Giving Assistant to give us a week’s notice!
There’s Still Time to Shop
Link: Discover it® Cash Back
Link: Chase Freedom
Both cards earn 5% back (5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points with Chase Freedom) at Amazon (up to $1,500 in purchases) this quarter, until December 31, 2015!
If you use these cards to make your Amazon purchases through Giving Assistant (before November 1, 2015), you’ll earn 10% back!
So you’ll earn 10% on Amazon purchases from Discover, and 5% from Giving Assistant, for a total of 15% back!
This might motivate a lot of folks to get their holiday shopping done early!
Note: In order to receive 5% cash back from Giving Assistant, your purchase must be shipped and sold by Amazon.
New Amazon Prime Perk – Free Same Day Shipping!
Link: Amazon Prime
And it should trigger the 5% back from Giving Assistant, because it’s sold directly by Amazon.
I love my Amazon Prime membership! And not just for the free 2-day shipping on items sold by Amazon.
With an Amazon Prime subscription (currently $99 per year), you’ll also get:
- Free 2-day shipping on items sold by Amazon
- Unlimited movies and TV shows from their collection (you can download these to your device and watch while you’re traveling!)
- Unlimited music streaming
- Unlimited storage space for your photos
- Early access to sales and deals
- 1 free Kindle e-book a month
Folks in the following metro areas may be eligible for same-day shipping:
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Seattle / Tacoma
- Washington, DC
Enter your zip code on the Amazon Prime same-day shipping site to see if your address qualifies!
Place your order by 12:00 pm local time, and you’ll receive it by 9:00 pm local time. Even on weekends!
This could come in very handy if you’re packing for a trip and realize you’ve forgotten to buy last-minute essentials, like an overseas electric plug converter, battery pack, memory cards, or a cheap phone to use while you’re abroad.
If you enjoy earning 5% cash back on Amazon purchases through the Giving Assistant shopping portal, you’d better get shopping!
This deal will end November 1, 2015. So you only have a week left to make the most of this terrific offer!
And if you’re a new Discover it Cash Back cardholder (or previously registered), you’ll have that 5% matched at the end of your 1st year. That’s a total of 15% back (10% back from Discover and 5% back from Giving Assistant).
You can use this deal to save money on an Amazon Prime membership! And here’s a new perk for Amazon Prime members. If you live in certain metro areas, you can now get free same-day shipping on $35+ purchases of qualifying items.
Happy shopping! And let me know if you’ve used Amazon Prime’s new same-day shipping perk!