Last Day to Apply for the AMEX Delta SkyMiles 50,000 Mile Sign-Up Bonus
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: The American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Personal), American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Business), and American Express Platinum Delta credit card offers in this post are no longer available, but check the Hot Deals for the latest offers!
If you’ve been considering the limited time 50,000 mile sign-up offer on the American Express Delta SkyMiles cards, today is the last day to apply!
You’ll get 50,000 miles after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new card in the 1st 3 months with the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Personal), American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Business), and American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles cards.
What’s the Deal?
Link: American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Personal)
Link: American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Business)
Link: American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles
All 3 of the American Express Delta SkyMiles cards have an increased sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in the 1st 3 months. This is a great deal, because normally the bonus is only 30,000 miles.
- 50,000 miles after you spend $1,000 in new purchases in the 1st 3 months
- A statement credit after your 1st Delta purchase in the 1st 3 months ($50 statement credit for Gold, $100 for Platinum)
- 1st checked bag free
- Double miles on Delta purchases
- 20% discount on in-flight purchases
- Priority boarding
- Pay With Miles
- Discount on Delta SkyClub lounge passes
- No foreign transaction fees
The Gold Delta SkyMiles personal and business cards also get you:
- Annual fee of $95 waived for the 1st year
- American Express OPEN discounts (business version only)
And only the Platinum Delta SkyMiles card offers:
- 15,000 elite-qualifying miles as part of the sign-up bonus
- Up to 20,000 bonus miles and 20,000 elite-qualifying miles if you’re a big spender
- Yearly companion certificate
- But the annual fee of $195 is NOT waived for the 1st year
For a side-by-side comparison of all 3 cards, you can read my post on how to decide which card is right for you.
Where Can You Go?
Link: Delta Award Charts50,000 miles can get you to a lot of places! For example:
- 2 round-trip coach class tickets to anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, and Canada for 50,000 miles
- A round-trip coach class ticket to Hawaii for 45,000 miles
- A round-trip coach class ticket to the Caribbean, Mexico, or Central America for 35,000 miles
- A round-trip Business Class or First Class ticket to anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, and Canada for 50,000 miles
And after January 1, 2015 (when Delta starts allowing 1-way award tickets), you could get:
- A 1-way coach class ticket to Africa for 40,000 miles
- A 1-way coach class ticket to Middle East or South Asian Subcontinent for 42,500 miles
- A 1-way coach class ticket to Southwest Pacific for 50,000 miles
- A 1-way coach class ticket to Southeast Asia (such as Thailand or Malaysia) for 40,000 miles
But it’s not just about the increased bonus! These cards have some very good perks, including priority boarding, a free 1st checked bag, and in-flight discounts.
Not Just for the Bonus
If you’re thinking about applying for the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles cards (personal or business), here’s a list of the top 10 benefits of the cards.
You’ll get more benefits from the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles card, like a yearly companion certificate and elite-qualifying miles. Read these posts if you’re not sure the $195 annual fee is worth it, or if the companion certificate is a good deal.
And if you’re wondering if you can get the business version of the card if you already have the personal card, you certainly can! That’s because they’re considered different card products.
Today is the last day to apply for the limited time 50,000 mile sign-up offer on the American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Personal), American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles (Business), and American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles cards.
Normally these cards only have a sign-up bonus of 30,000 miles, so this is a good deal.
These cards have a lot of great benefits, and 50,000 miles can get you a lot of Big Travel with Small Money!
You could use the miles for tickets within North America, or to Hawaii, Africa, or even Asia!
Where will you go with your 50,000 Delta miles?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)