We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: The card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Through June 22, 2016, you can earn 75,000 American Express Membership Rewards points after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of opening The Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz card. This is the highest offer I’ve ever seen on this card.
The typical sign-up bonus on this card is 50,000 American Express Membership Rewards points.
Emily and I don’t receive a commission for this offer, but we’ll always share the best deals!
Last Call for Increased Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum Sign-Up Bonus!
New Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum cardholders can earn 75,000 American Express Membership Rewards points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. (EXPIRED.)
The card has a $475 annual fee that is NOT waived. But, it comes with numerous perks that can offset the fee including:
- $1,000 certificate each year you charge $5,000 in purchases to use towards a future purchase or lease of a new Mercedes-Benz (restrictions apply)
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidentals with your selected airline (luggage fees, in-flight food & drink, etc)
- $100 annual certificate to use on genuine Mercedes-Benz accessories
- Access to airport lounges
- Complimentary Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status
- Complimentary Hilton Gold status
- Statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
And, the sign-up bonus can get you Big Travel when you transfer your American Express Membership Rewards points to airline and hotel partners. Or, you can redeem 75,000 points for ~$750 in gift cards.
Keep in mind the terms say you can NOT earn the sign-up bonus for both the regular AMEX Platinum and Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum.
But, many folks on Reddit say they’ve received the bonus for both. And because the Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum card is a charge card, it won’t count toward the unofficial limit of 5 AMEX cards you can have.
And remember you can only get the sign-up bonus on AMEX cards once per lifetime.
How would you use 75,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points?