Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Via Mommy Points, Club Carlson has rebranded itself! And made a few (mostly positive) tweaks to its loyalty program.
For example, you’ll now be able to earn elite status faster, and up to 3 free nights per year with the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature® Card! But depending on your elite status, you may earn points at a lower rate.
I’ll tell you what you need to know!
Club Carlson Is Now Radisson Rewards
Link: Radisson Rewards
The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is rebranding its loyalty program and hotels to help promote their global brand awareness. The company is now called Radisson Hotel Group, and their loyalty program is Radisson Rewards.
Radisson Hotels are primarily located on the East Coast of the US and in Europe. They have some great hotels, so if you find yourself traveling to these 2 areas, collecting Radisson Rewards points is worth a look!
Here are the recent changes you should know about.
1. Earning Elite Status
Radisson Rewards is changing their elite status names, and making it easier for folks to earn them! You’ll now need:
- Silver Status – 9 nights or 6 stays (formerly 15 nights or 10 stays)
- Gold Status – 30 nights or 20 stays (formerly 35 nights or 20 stays)
- Platinum Status – 60 nights or 30 stays (formerly 75 nights or 30 stays)
Elite status comes with benefits like bonus points, early check-in, room upgrades, and more. You can see the full benefits of each elite status tier here.
2. Elite Status Rewards Earning Rate
The rewards you’ll earn from each elite status tier is changing, too! And mostly for the worse. You’ll now earn:
- Silver Status – 22 points per $1 (formerly 23 points per $1)
- Gold Status – 25 points per $1 (formerly 27 points per $1)
- Platinum Status – 35 points per $1 (unchanged)
2. New Credit Card Perk
Folks who have been involved in miles & points for a while remember the amazing benefit of the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature® Card and its free last night when you book 2+ consecutive award nights. Unfortunately, that perk ended in 2015, and was replaced with 1 free night at US Club Carlson hotels after spending $10,000+ on the card each year.
But Radisson Rewards will soon give folks up to 3 free nights each year at its US hotels! You’ll get a free night for every $10,000 you spend on the card, up to $30,000 per year.
Want More Radisson Rewards Points?
If you want to earn a bunch of Radisson Rewards points in a hurry, you can check out their 3 co-branded credit cards:
- Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature® Card – 85,000 points after spending $2,500 within the first 90 days
- US Bank Club Carlson Business Rewards – 85,000 points after spending $2,500 within the first 90 days on the business owner’s account
- Club Carlson℠ Rewards Visa® Card – Up to 30,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days
Club Carlson is now Radisson Rewards! With the new program, you can earn elite status faster, and you can earn up to 3 free nights per year with their co-branded credit card! But if you have Silver or Gold Elite status, the bonus points you earn during your stays will be slightly reduced.
Let me know what you think of these changes!