We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Starting June 1, 2017 (tomorrow), you can book discounted award flights for travel August 1 through August 31, 2017, or September 30, 2017, depending on your origin city. You will get discounts on award flights between Europe and North American cities including Boston, Chicago, and New York.
Here’s what you need to know about Flying Blue Promo Awards.
Flying Blue Promo Awards for June 2017
Link: Flying Blue Promo Awards
From June 1 to June 30, 2017, you can save 25% on award flights to Europe for travel between August 1 and August 31, 2017 (or September 30, 2017 for flights from New York City), from these cities:
- Boston – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines, 23,125 miles less than Delta)
- Chicago – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines, 23,125 miles less than Delta)
- Mexico City – 46,875 miles one-way in Business Class (10,625 miles less than United Airlines, 15,625 miles less than Delta)
- New York City (to Paris Orly only) – 18,750 miles one-way in coach (11,250 miles less than United Airlines and Delta)
Keep in mind, there’s NO discount on the taxes & fees, which can be really high depending on the route. Surcharges are generally ~$200 at most for a one-way Business Class flight ($400 round-trip). So you’ll have to decide if the high fees are worth the miles you’ll save.
Click through the Flying Blue Promo Awards site to get the discount. You can only book flights on Air France or KLM to get the discount (not their SkyTeam partners, like Delta). And you must use Flying Blue miles to book your ticket!
To get this deal, you’ll have to book your flights by June 30, 2017.
Want More Flying Blue Miles?
There are LOTS of ways to earn Flying Blue miles! The 4 major flexible points programs transfer to Flying Blue at a ratio of 1:1. You can transfer:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards points – You’ll need either the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Business Preferred, Chase Ink Plus (no longer available), or Chase Ink Bold (no longer available)
- Citi ThankYou Points – You’ll need the Citi Prestige or Citi ThankYou Premier Card
- AMEX Membership Rewards points – You’ll need cards like the The Platinum Card® from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, etc.
- Starwood points – If you transfer 20,000 Starwood points at a time, you’ll get a 5,000 mile bonus.
Starting June 1, 2017, you can book Flying Blue Promo Awards to Europe from 4 North American cities – Boston, Chicago, Mexico City, and New York City.
These awards cost much fewer points than you’d pay for similar flights on Delta or United Airlines. But taxes & fees can also be higher. So do the math to decide if the award discount is worth the extra cash.
Let me know if you book a Promo Award!